daemon4120-lite cannot be renamed anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• daemon4120-lite cannot be renamed anymore

Something that was possible in just the last version 4.11.2 and before, where there was a possibility to rename the original setup file with whatever title you want before the installation, daemon4120-lite (4.12.0) can't or it shows a missing file error. The new version of PerfectDisk (2008 as opposed to 8.0) PerfectDisk_x86 has the same problem and has the same setup system. Was there any kind of update where the original setup file doesn't catch the filename and adapts to it anymore?

This was introduced to fix an error with setup if it contains some special character. Just don't rename installer.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Thanks. Lol I feel hearing Vista about not showing the total size of all files in a folder for this reason : ohh we had to get rid of a network performance issue. Was this introduced by a recent version of Windows Installer?

Comment

No, it was a bug in the installer program, not in the OS. I still say it makes more sense to fix the bug rather than the sympton, but that's just my opinion.

Comment

Yea I don't like that you cant rename it. I always like to store my apps by version number in a folder named for the app so its easy for me to sort. Never had a problem prior.

Comment

this is insane. it's all about CONTROL!!

Comment

Working...
            X