Problem with virtual drive =/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with virtual drive =/

Hello , i recently installed windows vista ultimate 32bit on my computer and i installed the last version of DT , but when i try to make a virtual drive it wont show me virtual drive in explorer and nothing happen.
    In the hardware list i dont have the cdrom.sys, storprop.dll and redbook.sys drivers installed so i tryed to do this http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/no-d...ned-t3701.html but when i select the cdrom.inf to install it it shows a message saying that the file doesnt have the needed software to install driver =/
    So here i am trying to make this work , if i can be helped i apreciate thanks and sorry for my english =) thanks

i also have vista and I cant mount anything cuz it wont let me create a virtual drive either.

Comment

I have the same problem, but when I search for the cdrom.inf I cant find it. Can anyone help me?

Comment

Its at
        \Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\cdrom .inf_e487f727

I have the same problem but it doesnt worked for me

Comment

Originally Posted by RamirezTerrix View Post
          Its at
          I'm having also the exactly same problem, when I add a virtual drive I here the sound that a new device is detected, but I don't get a 'new hardware found' screen or something.
          The virtual drive isn't shown in 'Computer' and not listed in device-manager.
          Also when I'm trying to change the drive letter from none to i.e. 'F:' I get an error...
          I'm running Windows Vista HomePremium x86, is there any solution for this?
          And what do you guys mean with the above things?

Thanks,
          Tim

Comment

As far as i heared its a vista problem. the cd driver is corruptet.
            so just a repair/reinstall of the os would help.
            damn i hate to reinstall systems

Comment

As far as i heared its a vista problem. the cd driver is corruptet.
              so just a repair/reinstall of the os would help.
              damn i hate to reinstall systems
              Yeah well, that's not really an option for me:wink:...

Comment

Found the solutions, this is what I've done:

1: Copy cdrom.pnf; cdrom.inf and cdrom.sys from %WINDIR%\System32\DriverStore to %WINDIR%\INF (overwrite any file that allready exists).
                2: Delete the infcache.1 file in the %WINDIR%\INF folder.
                3: Uninstall DAEMON Tools (if it's installed)
                4: Reboot you're computer
                5: Install DAEMON Tools, and you're drivers should be displayed in 'Computer'

I hope this helps, I worked for me anyway

Regards,
                Tim

Comment

It worked for me too, great work Tim!

Comment

Originally Posted by Tim_ View Post
                    Found the solutions, this is what I've done:
                    1: Copy cdrom.pnf; cdrom.inf and cdrom.sys from %WINDIR%\System32\DriverStore to %WINDIR%\INF (overwrite any file that allready exists).
                    2: Delete the infcache.1 file in the %WINDIR%\INF folder.
                    3: Uninstall DAEMON Tools (if it's installed)
                    4: Reboot you're computer
                    5: Install DAEMON Tools, and you're drivers should be displayed in 'Computer'
                    I hope this helps, I worked for me anyway
                    Regards,
                    Tim

When I go into windir\system32\driverstore I have 3 folders in there. en-us, filerepository, and temp. In which one of those folders can I find those files? cuz I have checked in en-us and I found the files, but also in the filerepository there are folders that are named those files.

Comment

Its at

am I suppose to copy the whole folder and put them into the other directory? cuz if so I have a couple of more files in the folder not just those ones listed.

Comment

Its at

well in that folder I only have cdrom.pnf, cdrom.sys and then a cdrom file and I dont know if that is the same file as the cdrom.inf or not. Or am I suppose to copy that whole folder or what? can anyone help me?? Im not the greatest at computers so I dont know much about them so I kinda need a little more of a in depth answer.

thanks much

Comment

Originally Posted by mikey7436 View Post
                          When I go into windir\system32\driverstore I have 3 folders in there. en-us, filerepository, and temp. In which one of those folders can I find those files? cuz I have checked in en-us and I found the files, but also in the filerepository there are folders that are named those files.
                          In FileRepository, but you can just open the folder and hit CTRL+F

Comment

Originally Posted by Tim_ View Post
                            In FileRepository, but you can just open the folder and hit CTRL+F

well in that folder I only have cdrom.pnf, cdrom.sys and then a cdrom file and I dont know if that is the same file as the cdrom.inf or not. Or am I suppose to copy that whole folder or what? can anyone help me?? Im not the greatest at computers so I dont know much about them so I kinda need a little more of a in depth answer.

I cant delete the infcache.1 neither, it says accessed denied

Comment

well I did everything but delete the infcache.1 and it worked.

Comment

Working...
                              X