SCSI vs. IDE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCSI vs. IDE

I have DT Pro Advanced, which nows does virtual IDE.

I understand that IDE has some advantages: it works with some games that won't work with SCSI and doesn't need a SCSI cloaker like Yasu.

So I've just disabled all SCSI drives, and use only IDE, which seems to work fine.

But does SCSI have some advantage that I'm missing? Why is SCSI the default?

Thanks.

SCSI has no functional advantage over IDE besides you can create more than 2 drives with it.

Comment

Wouldn't some protection systems like securom or something catch daemon-tools in the background as an emulation software and fail to start?

Comment

Thanks for the info. One other difference I've observed is that on my system SCSI boots about 12 seconds faster than IDE.

Comment

Re: various questions

Why is SCSI the default?
          Maybe because it has been around for years and years. No need to force a change on people

Wouldn't some protection systems like securom or something catch daemon-tools in the background as an emulation software and fail to start?
          Yes blacklisting happens but they are usually more complex than requiring you to exit out of the DAEMON Tools tray icon program. The blacklists usually happen on a driver level, and we try to update quickly in response.
          Last edited by Underheaven; 12.02.2008, 23:46.
          the modern world:
          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
          X