• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need major help plz

Operating System: Windows XP
    Burning Software: EasyCD
    Anti-virus Software: norton
    DAEMON Tools Version: newest one

hey guys i got a major problem with my computer after installing DT. Windows will not start...every time i start my computer it goes to a blue screen saying that windows is shut down to prevent damage, there is a stop error, and at the bottom it shows the file cdr4_xp. I read all the post i can regarding my problem but i cant find a solution to fix this problem if windows cannot start...i've been trying to do something using the recovey console but i am lost and im not sure what to do. Everything else i try leads to the blue screen. I am not using my computer, using someone elses. I tried disabling cdr4_xp but it still wont start windows when i restart. back to the blue screen. So can anyone help me with my problem plz?!?! and remember i cant start windows...every possible solution i've found, like on the microsoft site etc., you need windows to start to fix. thx!

If you boot into safe mode, you will see chance to cancel loading virtual driver. But from recovery console, you can type: rename C:\windows\system32\drivers\cdr_xp.sys C:\windows\system32\drivers\cdr_xp.bak

Comment

ya i am gonna try through the recovery console because i cant even start windows through safe mode either or last known configuration

Comment

i renamed it and then when i restarted it said im missing some system config file so i guess im back at the begining...still cant start windows. I think im just gonna reinstall cause it wont even let me repair anymore either..

Comment

Working...
        X