Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virus detected upon download !!!

Hi,

Everytime when iam downloading the latest version i get the following message from kaspersky 6 :

detected: adware not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.Shopper.r URL: http://mirror8.disc-tools.com/getfil...ream//data0050

I tried numerous times both through mozilla and IE7 both up-to-date whit latest ms-patches for my xp pro sp2 x64 edition os!!

I wont accept the file for now untill i know for 110% sure its safe!! In the meanwhile ill post onsite kaspersky to
    know more about this!!

regards,

kabster,

You can read?
    detected: adware not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.Shopper.r

Also it should be well known that Daemon Tools comes with optional adware since v4.0.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Yes, Copytrooper is right: it is opt-out installation - means you can simply remove corresponding checkbox ("ad sponsor module").

Comment

Hello,

Ofcourse its not the first time i found adware in certain applications when using customize install.

But i was freaked out when kaspersky for the FIRST time detected as such in the latest release wich is/wos 4.12.1.

I didnt got an warning from kaspersky eve never before downloading previous DT releases !!

Thats why i was caution, but i have cleared this up at kasper HQ by now. And it appears kasper uses more agressive means of detection so it seems!

Thanks for the input,

kabster,

Comment

Working...
        X