Completely removing Daemon Tools Lite, Daemon-Search.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Completely removing Daemon Tools Lite, Daemon-Search.com

I had recently installed windows vista and the latest version of daemon tools lite. Upon installing daemon tools i noticed that my searches were being filtered through 'http://www.daemon-search.com/search?q=www.WHATEVERSITE.COM' by that i mean if it believed the address typed was incorrect it would go to this page and sometimes even if the address was correct but would not connect. I never checked the boxes to install the search bar. Upon uninstalling daemon tools Lite i still have this problem. Can you please tell me how to remove this?

Completely removing Daemon Tools Lite.

Hi, i recently installed windows vista and daemon tools lite. Having unticked all the unnecessary boxes including the search tool everything was fine. I then noticed my when entering websites they were being filtered through http://www.daemon-search.com. This became of particular annoyance when i noticed it would return 'results' and not the correct website for correct addresses as well as web addresses incorrectly. For example 'http://www.daemon-search.com/search/web?q=www.WHATEVERSITE.com'. I then uninstalled Daemon Tools Lite and this problem still persists. Any help in removing this troublesome problem would be greatly appreciated?

Comment

We apologize for this nagging bug! :-(
      Of course there might be some bug and we take it very seriously.

Would you be able to help us to locate the reason of this problem?
      Could you please send a brief message to:

Contact DAEMON Tools technical support with any questions or issues.

and please mention in your message URL of this thread!

so our technical support could begin investigation of the possible reason immediately!

Comment

Can you remove "DAEMON Search" from the list of default search providers in your browser?
        (uninstalling of DT Lite is not related with your default search providers list in your Internet browser)

Or can you change you default search provider to another search provider?

Which Internet browser do you use?

Comment

Originally Posted by Alco View Post
          Can you remove "DAEMON Search" from the list of default search providers in your browser?
          (uninstalling of DT Lite is not related with your default search providers list in your Internet browser)
          Or can you change you default search provider to another search provider?
          Which Internet browser do you use?

i can remove "DAEMON Search" from the list of default search providers in my browser(IE7+windows2008 std version)

but i can't change the default homepage, when i open IE, it will point http://www.daemon-search.com/startpage.

Comment

Did you try the DT v4.12.2?
            Elfen Lied - unangefochtene Spitze der Animes.
            Habt ihr was an der dt. Sprachdatei zu meckern?
            Schreibt mir eine PN!
            If you've got questions that do not concern to account or hardware incompabilty stuff, you can write me a PM. Otherwise use our forum!

Comment

I think that this complete collection of various sites, bundles adware, etc., is just rubbish.

Everyone, I mean EVERYONE manage to download the Daemon Tools from ONE site, daemon-tools.cc that is.

And what is this crap by bundle shit with the executable? Please solve this be doing something similar to Messenger Plus! installer where they one a SINGLE page ask if you want to support by installing the bundled crap, or you could refuse and install the software in a proper maner.

You also announced that with version 4.30, the adware is removed, but still there is shit bundles with the installer...

Fix the broken state!
              Click here to visit my website.]

Comment

Originally Posted by Nordoelum View Post
                I think that this complete collection of various sites, bundles adware, etc., is just rubbish.

Everyone, I mean EVERYONE manage to download the Daemon Tools from ONE site, daemon-tools.cc that is.

And what is this crap by bundle shit with the executable? Please solve this be doing something similar to Messenger Plus! installer where they one a SINGLE page ask if you want to support by installing the bundled crap, or you could refuse and install the software in a proper maner.

You also announced that with version 4.30, the adware is removed, but still there is shit bundles with the installer...

Fix the broken state!
                In 4.30 there is only the search bar, and furthermore the installer asks if you wish to change your startpage/homepage to DAEMON Search. It is simple to deselect if you for some reason do not wish to support the team by installing it, and the installer does not attempt to trick users into doing anything they do not wish.

If they were to drop any revenue generating components, it would mean that paying customers paid for pretty much all development of the free DT (DT Lite). Alternatively they could stop offering a free edition of DT altogether. I'm convinced most users of DT Lite would not want that to happen.
                Imagination is more important than knowledge. --Albert Einstein

Comment

The problem is that, with 4.30 three options of adware were selected to install, not two as you suggest.
                  Click here to visit my website.]

Comment

@Nordoelum
                    Stop talking in such manner and respect other people!
                    Screenshot of adware module in DT 4.30, please.
                    In case you are waiting for the fix (if the problem is really here), give us detailed description without expressive discussion.
                    Welcome to the dark side, my dear padavan. We have cookies

Comment

Here is a guide to get google search back as your "Right-click"- search engine for texts.

1. Write "about:config" on your firefox addressbar
                      2. Search "browser.search.selectedEngine"
                      3. Right click on it and enter new value "Google"
                      4. VOILA!

Plain and simple

Comment

I apologize for posting/hijacking in an old thread, but I would like point out that I have not seen any resolutions (publicly) about removing the adware item(s). I also accidentally did not un-check the "donotincludestupidsoftwareyoudontwant" box, so I have become infected, if you will. Opening Firefox, or IE, results in TWO tabs- Daemon search and my actual Homepage. I'd like an actual resolution to my problem..... uninstalling DT Lite did nothing for me. Like the others, there is nothing in my add/remove programs and my virus/adware/scanners do not pick anything up. Please help me remove this problem............ I do not want your adware Disc tools... Isn't that the point of support (to fix problems)? Even if not official support, can somebody help me?

Windows XP SP3
                        DTlite 4.30.4
                        Firefox 3
                        IE8

Everything is up to date. I'm hoping I just couldn't find the easy solution. Thank you.

Comment

Hello
                          Please, pay attention we do not "hijack" your browser's settings. All changes are optional and you can uncheck corresponding options in DAEMON Tools installation wizard!

To change default Search engine use standard tools of your web browsers. For more information visit following links
                          Managing search engines in Firefox
                          Change or choose a search provider in Internet Explorer

To change homepage settings use standard tools of your web browsers. For more information visit following links
                          How to set the home page in Firefox
                          Change your Internet Explorer home page
                          Welcome to the dark side, my dear padavan. We have cookies

Comment

I mentioned this already in another thread...

What about a general dt clean/removal tool, which deletes/resets all altered settings to its previous state.

This way maybe a couple of problems could be solved where people have to check here and there if everything did uninstall properly.

Kind of a tool all the major antivirus/internet security suites and for example ahead for nero are offering to clean the systems properly (or at least these tools try to do so...).

Greets
                            A. Hecka

Comment

I accept with information:In 4.30 there is only the search bar, and furthermore the installer asks if you wish to change your startpage/homepage to DAEMON Search. It is simple to deselect if you for some reason do not wish to support the team by installing it.

Comment

Working...
                              X