Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Completely removing Daemon Tools Lite, Daemon-Search.com

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    New User

Default Completely removing Daemon Tools Lite, Daemon-Search.com

I had recently installed windows vista and the latest version of daemon tools lite. Upon installing daemon tools i noticed that my searches were being filtered through 'http://www.daemon-search.com/search?q=www.WHATEVERSITE.COM' by that i mean if it believed the address typed was incorrect it would go to this page and sometimes even if the address was correct but would not connect. I never checked the boxes to install the search bar. Upon uninstalling daemon tools Lite i still have this problem. Can you please tell me how to remove this?

New User

Default Completely removing Daemon Tools Lite.

Hi, i recently installed windows vista and daemon tools lite. Having unticked all the unnecessary boxes including the search tool everything was fine. I then noticed my when entering websites they were being filtered through http://www.daemon-search.com. This became of particular annoyance when i noticed it would return 'results' and not the correct website for correct addresses as well as web addresses incorrectly. For example 'http://www.daemon-search.com/search/web?q=www.WHATEVERSITE.com'. I then uninstalled Daemon Tools Lite and this problem still persists. Any help in removing this troublesome problem would be greatly appreciated?

Administrator

We apologize for this nagging bug! :-(
    Of course there might be some bug and we take it very seriously.

Would you be able to help us to locate the reason of this problem?
    Could you please send a brief message to:

http://www.disc-soft.com/sendmsg/tech
    and please mention in your message URL of this thread!

so our technical support could begin investigation of the possible reason immediately!

Administrator

Can you remove "DAEMON Search" from the list of default search providers in your browser?
    (uninstalling of DT Lite is not related with your default search providers list in your Internet browser)

Or can you change you default search provider to another search provider?

Which Internet browser do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by Alco View Post
    Can you remove "DAEMON Search" from the list of default search providers in your browser?
    (uninstalling of DT Lite is not related with your default search providers list in your Internet browser)
    Or can you change you default search provider to another search provider?
    Which Internet browser do you use?

i can remove "DAEMON Search" from the list of default search providers in my browser(IE7+windows2008 std version)

but i can't change the default homepage, when i open IE, it will point http://www.daemon-search.com/startpage.

TRANSLATOR OFFICIAL TRANSLATOR

Did you try the DT v4.12.2?
    Elfen Lied - unangefochtene Spitze der Animes.
    Habt ihr was an der dt. Sprachdatei zu meckern?
    Schreibt mir eine PN!
    If you've got questions that do not concern to account or hardware incompabilty stuff, you can write me a PM. Otherwise use our forum!

New User

Here is a guide to get google search back as your "Right-click"- search engine for texts.

1. Write "about:config" on your firefox addressbar
    2. Search "browser.search.selectedEngine"
    3. Right click on it and enter new value "Google"
    4. VOILA!

Plain and simple

New User

I apologize for posting/hijacking in an old thread, but I would like point out that I have not seen any resolutions (publicly) about removing the adware item(s). I also accidentally did not un-check the "donotincludestupidsoftwareyoudontwant" box, so I have become infected, if you will. Opening Firefox, or IE, results in TWO tabs- Daemon search and my actual Homepage. I'd like an actual resolution to my problem..... uninstalling DT Lite did nothing for me. Like the others, there is nothing in my add/remove programs and my virus/adware/scanners do not pick anything up. Please help me remove this problem............ I do not want your adware Disc tools... Isn't that the point of support (to fix problems)? Even if not official support, can somebody help me?

Windows XP SP3
    DTlite 4.30.4
    Firefox 3
    IE8

Everything is up to date. I'm hoping I just couldn't find the easy solution. Thank you.

Darth Vader

Hello
    Please, pay attention we do not "hijack" your browser's settings. All changes are optional and you can uncheck corresponding options in DAEMON Tools installation wizard!

To change default Search engine use standard tools of your web browsers. For more information visit following links
    Managing search engines in Firefox
    Change or choose a search provider in Internet Explorer

To change homepage settings use standard tools of your web browsers. For more information visit following links
    How to set the home page in Firefox
    Change your Internet Explorer home page
    Welcome to the dark side, my dear padavan. We have cookies

Experienced User

I mentioned this already in another thread...

What about a general dt clean/removal tool, which deletes/resets all altered settings to its previous state.

This way maybe a couple of problems could be solved where people have to check here and there if everything did uninstall properly.

Kind of a tool all the major antivirus/internet security suites and for example ahead for nero are offering to clean the systems properly (or at least these tools try to do so...).

Greets
    A. Hecka

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast