Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is *actually* new in dt updates and game blacklists ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is *actually* new in dt updates and game blacklists ???

is there a reason why the update information for dt releases is cryptic and vague ? (for a while now)

i haven't seen specific game "fixes" mentioned at all. is that a problem to mention now that dt has gone mainstream?

could something like; Some incompatibility issues fixed be code for: fixed C&C Kane's Wrath blacklist ?? (this is an example, no need to discuss the game per se.)

since dt lite's arrival there's no game specific mention anymore. why ?

ie: i have dt lite 4122 atm. is there any reason to uninstall and upgrade to dt lite 4123 for gaming ? has any blacklist been fixed ?? (if they only fixed issues that don't affect me, i see no reason to update straight away.)
    Last edited by ß; 06.04.2008, 05:58.

Newest SecuROM and Safedisc issues were fixed. If you have, Crysis, etc. you should install it.
    Elfen Lied - unangefochtene Spitze der Animes.
    Habt ihr was an der dt. Sprachdatei zu meckern?
    Schreibt mir eine PN!
    If you've got questions that do not concern to account or hardware incompabilty stuff, you can write me a PM. Otherwise use our forum!

Comment

Originally Posted by bismax View Post
      Newest SecuROM and Safedisc issues were fixed. If you have, Crysis, etc. you should install it.
      1. where do you get this info ?
      2. why isn't it listed ? what games are they all playing ??? macrovision, sony dt soft et al ?

Comment

Originally Posted by ß View Post
        1. where do you get this info ?
        2. why isn't it listed ? what games are they all playing ??? macrovision, sony dt soft et al ?

1.) I'm in contact with the beta team. And I tried playing Crysis with it - it works perfectly.
        2.) The beta team tests the games. Don't ask me what games. I'm not a beta tester.

I don't know why they didn't mention the fixes. It's their devision. But we shouldn't care that much 'cause we're advised to use the latest version of DT pro/lite.
        Elfen Lied - unangefochtene Spitze der Animes.
        Habt ihr was an der dt. Sprachdatei zu meckern?
        Schreibt mir eine PN!
        If you've got questions that do not concern to account or hardware incompabilty stuff, you can write me a PM. Otherwise use our forum!

Comment

We can't list these fixes due to legal matters (at least that's what i'm told to).
          Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
          Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
            We can't list these fixes due to legal matters (at least that's what i'm told to).
            that may have some merit, but i highly doubt it.

stating something like this:
            Crysis v1.2 blacklist resolved
            or
            Crysis v1.2 issue resolved
            or even
            Crysis v1.2 bug resolved
            if anyone can sue dt soft and win for that description alone, i'll kill myself live on the internet. if sony and ea can blacklist dt tools, a legal software in most countries, in the 1st place with patch 1.2 then surely you can notify users that a fix has been issued in a new version.

Comment

Originally Posted by ß View Post
              ....if sony and ea can blacklist dt tools, a legal software in most countries, in the 1st place with patch 1.2 then surely you can notify users that a fix has been issued in a new version.

I agree with that. Any official comments?

Comment

I can only remember one changelog where a single title was named (but only to inform which title was the first that introduced a direct blacklisting of DT).
                All or nothing; if you name one, you have to name all titles using specific protection version numbers.
                It has always been that way you have to try to be 100% sure an update affects you.

Most people know that almost every new version fixes blacklisting issues.
                They test whether their problem(s) got solved and then report in the forums, e.g. here
                Last edited by Terramex; 06.04.2008, 15:57.
                I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Re: what is actually new in dt updates and game blacklists

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
                  They test whether their problem(s) got solved and then report in the forums, e.g. here

I think a community based changelog could be made where people post what works in the latest version. It's less work for the developers and maybe even more interesting because of so many people replying.
                  the modern world:
                  net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
                  X