No announcement yet.

Diablo II - Not reading virtual drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diablo II - Not reading virtual drive?

Is there a way that you can tell a program to specifically read from a virtual drive that Daemon tools created? I made an image of my Diablo 2 CD and I am trying to run it from the virtual drive. I have installed it and everything and it runs with the CD in, but just wondering if there is a way to make it specifically read from the virtual drive I set up with the play disk image. If I play without the CD in it says please insert CD.

If you would have installed from virtual drive the registry key of the game would be set correctly. It's possible to get through the registry and set the drive letter, but i don't know the exact location for Diablo 2.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

I guess I'm asking why my play disk image isn't working. Without the CD in, it asks for me to put the CD in. Is there a way to run the game off of the CD image in daemon tools instead of using the CD itself?

Comment

diablo 2 is old old old, so it probably has the silly thing of only working from the cd/dvd drive with the highest drive letter, its worth a shot at least... try and make daemon tools drive the 1st drive after your hard disks, see if that works...
        my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

How do I do that, evlncrn8?

Comment

Disk Management console. Either right-click on My Computer, select Manage, then Disk Management, or go to Start -> Run and type "diskmgmt.msc".

Comment

I'm not sure what it is supposed to look like or what I am supposed to do but this is what mine looks like.

I'm trying to make drive Q (CD-Rom 2) my main one. In other words, that is where the diablo 2 play image is in daemon tools and I want the game to run off of that image instead of the actual play disk (which is currently in Drive F)

Comment

Just right-click on the 'CD-ROM 0' ( Drive F: ), choose 'Change Drive letters' and change it to whatever you want (and is free). Then do the same to the DT drive and change it to F:

Comment

hmm didn't seem to work...I tried changing the drives around and everything. Any other suggestions?

Comment

Which program and settings did you make the image with... i just noticed, in the picture above, the image seems to be a different size than the disk?!

Comment

This one should be pretty simple. I would uninstall then install from the virtual drive with the original CD ejected of course, then try running the game. If the new install asks for a CD then you didn't rip the cd correctly.
                      the modern world:
                      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

I was searching around looking for an answer to the same problem, and Blazkowicz's post inspired me to find it on my own
                        open up your registry editor, go to Edit->Find, and type DiabloIICD
                        it should bring you to the entry DiabloIICD REG_SZ D:
                        it should look something like that, right click on it select modify, and change the value data to the letter of the virtual drive that has your d2 image (in your case, Q, and it should work.
                        also I dont use daemon tool so i dunno if thiss will work for you, but if you can set that drive to autorun, just open my computer and double click it, or just open up the cd image and run setup.exe.

Comment

Re: DiabloIICD registry value

Originally Posted by rogueclon946 View Post
                          I was searching around looking for an answer to the same problem,
                          open up your registry editor, go to Edit->Find, and type DiabloIICD
                          it should bring you to the entry DiabloIICD REG_SZ D:
                          it should look something like that, right click on it select modify, and change the value data to the letter of the virtual drive that has your d2 image (in your case, Q, and it should work.
                          This is a good hint, modifying the registry is a lot better than installing the game again (but both methods should fix the game).
                          the modern world:
                          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

oh boy... I'm either stupid or my computer really is completely screwed...

I have the same exact problem. I've tried changing the reg keys. it's mounted to drive D:

I've changed the RegEdit to DiabloIICD->REG_SZ->D:

nothing changed.

I've gone through and tried everything recommended thus far.. anything small and minute I might be missing?

Comment

Hi!

With the last official Diablo II patch the game doesn't need the CD in order to play.

Greetings.

Comment

Working...
                              X