Better Swedish Translation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better Swedish Translation

I submitted a better translated swedish language pack, that conformed better to the terminology. However I've seen new updates of the software, but still not an update on the language pack.

So here it goes again...

(I found no option to attach the file to this post)

You have to join official translation team first. Check stickies how to do that.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Just let me know!

Originally Posted by tim-international View Post
      I submitted a better translated swedish language pack, that conformed better to the terminology. However I've seen new updates of the software, but still not an update on the language pack.
      So here it goes again...

(I found no option to attach the file to this post)

I read through your translation and yours dont differ much from mine. The biggest differences between them seem to be wether to call it "mount" or "montera" and "image" vs. "avbild".
      Have had this discussion before in this forum, and after that I did what Mastermind suggested I asked around. I asked some of the people i know what they all prefered. Not everyone but most of them thought it was fine with image and mount. So with that I didnt change. But if there are any other swedish users here please let me know what you think, so I at least have a chance to change it to next version.

Comment

Norman Bates, pleasure to hear from you.

The translation is a contribution to your work, thats why it wouldnt differ. It's been, wherever possible, better adopted to the terminology.

I am unfamiliar with terms like "mounta" except from use in oral slang in what we would call Swenglish. Mount means montera, indeed. The word has a translation. But for words that doesnt, it is common that we adopt the english word and make it sound more swedish, for instance "chatta". But this should not be the case.

See http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO-avbild

Most people will still know the meaning of all the swenglish translations, but I vote for sticking to the terminology (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terminology).

Hope you find my contribution useful.

Kind Regard,
        Tim

Comment

Hi again Tim. Will look into changing those words in the next few days. If anyone else disagrees please let me know.

Comment

Alright. =)

Also be aware of the grammar fixes. Such as where "Ange enhets inställningar" is changed to "Ange enhetsinställningar" or just simply "Enhetsinställningar". In worst cases of 'särskrivning', phrases could end up like this: http://www.skrivihop.nu/exempel/roliga.php

Kind Regards,
            Tim

Comment

Thanks for pointing out spelling errors since its quite easy getting "blind" looking through all words looking for error.

Comment

Interesting to hear that incorrect separation of composite words is a common thing in Sweden as well. Here in Norway, that has gone totally out of control. There are so many company names, brand names, grocery product names etc. that consist of fragmented words ("sжrskriving").

No offense towards you, Norman Bates. I used to write like that all the time, and I probably still do it sometimes.
                Imagination is more important than knowledge. --Albert Einstein

Comment

No offense taken Mastermind

Comment

Working...
                  X