Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Allowing users to choose their own time or date format?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allowing users to choose their own time or date format?

It would be nice if we could adjust the format of the posting dates through the User CP. Currently, it's DD-MM-YYYY. I'm far more comfortable with MM-DD-YYYY - as that's what I'm used to - and constantly have to remind myself of the different format, but I don't see any way to change it through the CP. Any chance of getting Jelsoft to fix that? Or is there maybe a configuration setting in the board you can change to enable that option?

DD-MM-YYYY is the European format. So I guess it is set like that because the DT Team lives in Europe.

Comment

I realize that, but it should be possible for individuals to change it for their view. We can change the time to our own timezone, so there's no reason we can't change the date format to our own.

Comment

linking to Allowing users to choose their own time or date format?

check out post #10, vBulletin Community Forum: Allowing users to choose their own time or date format?
        the modern world:
        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Hmm, interesting. Thanks for the link. Gotta love regressions by design.

Comment

I received already ALOT of this requests, most via email.

We maybe implement it as own unique feature to portal,
            as I agree that it is a bit incomfortable for american users.

And soon we add also alot more functionality to our portal
            here anyway, so it is definitly on my to-do list. I hope this is
            what you hoped to hear

Comment

correct time format, formally known as US format

Well, Iґm happy having software / forum with the correct time format, i.e. the European time (yeah, it rocks), instead of the US one! I remember a time, not so long ago, where more or less everything was only in US format, even those bloody watches had only the us format! You still find today the first day of the week being sunday, whereas we in europe have monday as the start of the week ... Iґd like to have the possibility to change the date format myself, but to the European one and Iґm quite sure that the nobody cares in the US about the rest of the World (actually, those are the place were the Marines are shown on CNN).
              Donґt start a run on me, itґs me being sarcastic and not really serious, but still with some truth in it :-)
              DT & AS Customer. AS Support Team Member.

Comment

Originally Posted by Ptolomeus3 View Post
                Iґm quite sure that the nobody cares in the US about the rest of the World
                heh , and the rest of the world doesn't care about the US
                my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

Working...
                X