Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

after installing fifa 2003 from a .bin file it asks "please insert fifa cd2, click ok and restart application"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

please make sure you installed game from Daemon-Drive, not from real one!

BTW: What kind of problems occured? Game will not start? Any better description? Errors? Messages?

And of course use latest versions of both, alcohol and daemon tools

Comment

i dumped both disk one and disk 2 images using alcohol set on safedisk 2/3, mounted them using a daemon virtual drive, installed from there.

the kind of problems that occur is just that it tells me it needs the correct cd rom, which would be disk two.

Comment

you should mount always to the same drive!

That means, when installing the game, use (just as an example, your drive in
        this example is drive g drive g: and mount first disc, install and if installation
        requires disc 2, mount disc 2. When you want to play, insert disc 2 in your
        first virtual drive (here: drive g: )

Don't use 2 different drives to install (even not if both drives are virtual ones)

To switch back so you're able to unmount/mount during install, press
        ALT-TAB and you should be back on desktop, mount disc 2 and click in the
        taskbar again on installer (in case game switches to own GUI during installation)

Comment

yeah, that's what i did, i used the same drive for both cd's, and just switched back and forth...

one thing that i've found mentioned on other sites is something about the image being a 1:1 copy... what exactly does that mean, how do i check, and is it necessary to have a 1:1?

Comment

As you created the image with Alcohol 120% and used the right settings
            as suggested, it should flawlessly work. Did read-errors occur when you
            dumped the disc to hdd? And if yes, in which area those errors occur?

What other copy-tools you've installed? Maybe CloneCD (and it's virtual
            drive?) Some of these tools are blacklisted already! Deinstall them and try
            again

Comment

all i have for copying cd's is nero, alchohol, and daemon... i had disc-juggler, but i uninstalled that a week or so ago.

Comment

oh, and if any errors occured, i don't know about it.

Comment

Working...
                X