Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TES4:Oblivion + SecuROM, any workarounds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TES4:Oblivion + SecuROM, any workarounds?

Hello fellow DT users. I just recently bought The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Game Of The Year Edition...(that's a mouthful) And figured I could take my laptop and an Image of the disks with me on my trip... turns out not. Seems that they had decided to reward their faithful patrons with disks protected by SecuROM. (out of the goodness of their hearts I'm sure...)

I was in a rush when I left so I didn't test it beforehand. The images are absolutely superb, however, it seems that SecuROM has found a new way to torment publishers' patrons!

I have tried Alcohol 120%, DT Lite v4.x (newest), DT Lite v4.x (newest) + Y.A.S.U But to no avail...

Is there any way to get around the overbearing presence of the ever hated SecuROM hell spawn?!

P.S. Great job so far DT Dev's I've been a long time user, and have loved it every step of the way. Thanks to anyone who can supply me with any assistance.

You should tell us which exactly error you get from SecuROM.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

The game itself isnt protected by Securom only the installer. Game uses only a DVD-check. It should work with DT + YASU.
      You have to cloak the device before you mount the image and install the game. Also be sure you have YASU in your DT folder.
      After installation you should only need to mount image to play game since it only does a DVD-check.

Comment

No, I'm pretty sure the GOTY edition is protected by SecuROM. It was the original release of Oblivion that had no copy protection on it, save for the CD/DVD check. Nice "treat" for those who bought their re-release if you ask me.

Comment

Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
          No, I'm pretty sure the GOTY edition is protected by SecuROM. It was the original release of Oblivion that had no copy protection on it, save for the CD/DVD check. Nice "treat" for those who bought their re-release if you ask me.
          Hmm, are you sure , because i am almost certain that only the installers on both discs are protected by Securom and the game itself still uses only DVD-check.

Comment

Originally Posted by Norman Bates View Post
            Hmm, are you sure , because i am almost certain that only the installers on both discs are protected by Securom and the game itself still uses only DVD-check.
            I think so too, since it's actually the same game as the original release. AFAIK there are no seperate patches for the original release and the GOTY edition, so they can not use different protections.

Comment

Sorry I lost my net for a couple days.

Here's the error it gives me, and the message it gives me on the link.

The error pop-up:
              "Conflict with Emulation Software detected.
              Please have a look at http://www.securom.com/message.asp?m=emu&c=13000
              for further, more detailed information."

The link:

SecuROM has determined that you are trying to start the application with an image of the original disc. Please be informed that SecuROM protected applications will not work with an emulated image of the original disc.

* Please unmount your image and insert the original disc in order to start the application.

If the application still won't start, please send a SecuROM analysis file to support@securom.com (see Support Info section on how to prepare and send an analysis file).

Comment

Second Reply Attempt

I replied about 3 hours ago, Seems the moderation system here is a bit hit or miss.

The error I get is...

Conflict with Emulation Software detected.
                Please have a look at http://www.securom.com/message.asp?m=emu&c=13000 for further, more detailed information.

The link gives me...

SecuROM has determined that you are trying to start the application with an image of the original disc. Please be informed that SecuROM protected applications will not work with an emulated image of the original disc.

* Please unmount your image and insert the original disc in order to start the application.

If the application still won't start, please send a SecuROM analysis file to support@securom.com (see Support Info section on how to prepare and send an analysis file).

I have SecuROM emulation enabled on DT, and Y.A.S.U is running on the scsi drive. I noticed that it checks my Physical Drive when it tries to load the Virtual one, This is a laptop so I can remove the Physical drive. Would doing so help at all?

Comment

Originally Posted by killamanjar-o View Post
                  I replied about 3 hours ago, Seems the moderation system here is a bit hit or miss.
                  Sometimes there is a few hours of a delay ; nothing is moderated at all for users with 20+ posts
                  the modern world:
                  net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Install the latest DT Lite/Pro.
                    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
                    Peace Through Power

Comment

Just for interest: When exactly do you get the error message?

1.) When trying to install the Game
                      2.) When trying to start the Game

If 1.) then try to install with your original discs, since, to my knowledge, only the Setup-Files are protected by Securom

If 2.) then try to install the latest patch from Bethesda. You still need the Image(s), since it still does a CD-Check, but no Securom-Check (and there are no separate patches for Oblicion and Oblivion GOTY).

Comment

It is the latest. From this site. The first one on the download page from the Daemon Tools section. "Daemon Tools Lite v4.12.3.0" Same as Y.A.S.U 1.4.7080" The latest that I could find.

Comment

oops

I didn't see the second page, I get about a second of the installer music before SecuROM interferes. It kind of sucks cause I go through all of the trouble of removing SecuROM and hear the music when it tries to load. Just to be disappointed by the very same SecuROM pop-up.

Comment

And you have tried to start YASU and cloak your virtual drives before you mount your image and start the installation?

Comment

Check.

Yeah. Daemon starts on boot, then I start Y.A.S.U with the parameters -s -c for silent cloaking, Mount and run. BOOM SecuROM!

I was wondering if I cloaked, then closed DT while preserving the Emulation. If it would work. I think I'll try it.

If it does'nt work I just get to remove SecuROM again. Yay.

Comment

Working...
                              X