Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TES4:Oblivion + SecuROM, any workarounds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'remove' ?... you mean using a no-cd ?
    my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

No go.

Closing Daemon after cloaking and mounting didn't work.

By "Remove" I meant going into the registry with regdelnull and deleting the registry keys. Then opening a command prompt and changing the characteristics of cmdlineext.dll so it can be removed as well. I dont get the uaservice7.exe file strangely enough, nor do I get the files in the C:\Documents & Settings\Administrator\Application Data\SecuROM directory, even though it does create the directory.

The Oblivion Installer must use a chopped down version of SecuROM.

I think SecuROM must have blacklisted the newest version of DT and YASU. Guess I have to wait to get home to play. Super Lame.

Comment

hi killamanjar-o

have you the newest Alcohol Version? have you disable the AlcoholVirtual drive?

if not do it^^. and Restart!

If this doesn't work erease the MountedDevices registry Key (make a Backup before).

open Regedit
        go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\

erease MountedDevices Key. restart. System redetect new Drives it should be work.

Comment

Im having the same problem too ._. Tried above method, No Dice. Oh and its when im trying to install it, I cant use the CD or the Image, Both give me errors

Comment

Whooo!

I got my Oblivion image to work in the end, just with the latest Y.A.S.U and DT. Unmounted all drives. Ran Y.A.S.U. Mounted image. Didn't work. Did it again, maybe like five times. And randomly in the end, it worked. =D YAY!

Comment

workage

ok in good faith i listened to the guy above me and it did work, i just disabled any other virtual drives and made sure i unmounted and restarted yasu many times, eventually it worked

Comment

i have a similar but slightly different problem. Used Alcohol 120% to get the image of the disk, then disabled all my virtual drives, turned on yasu, opened dt and tried to mount oblivion and it came up with "this program cannot be executed (5023)". It says its to do with Yasu running in the background and to turn it off before trying to run it. Any suggestions?

Comment

Yes, don't use YASU.
                  Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
                  Peace Through Power

Comment

Then thereґs no program to stealth DT from that version ???

Comment

There is no need for YASU when mounting into latest DT Lite/Pro. Also game doesn't use any copy protection for starting the game - only the addon for installation.
                      Peace Through Power

Comment

ok, so I just can not get Oblivion to install. im using DT lite 4.30.01 i think. and YASU 1.4.70.80. ive tried doing it with and without yasu, many many times. when i use yasu it gives me the error "Please insert the original disk instead of a backup (1000)" when i dont use yasu the error i get is "conflict with emulation software detected" the secuROM is killing me. please, any direction on what to do or different versions of DT+YASU to try would be appreciated. i just feel like playing again, and trying out my pc's new graphics card on a nice game. thanks again

Comment

Bad image - recreate your image with New SecuROM profile.
                          Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
                            There is no need for YASU when mounting into latest DT Lite/Pro. Also game doesn't use any copy protection for starting the game - only the addon for installation.
                            So DT 4.30.1 uses an automatic stealth? did I understand correct?

Answer is important for answering evilcrn8 in the off topic thread...

Comment

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
                              Bad image - recreate your image with New SecuROM profile.
                              well i know for a fact that the image works, i used to run the game with it. so its not a "bad image" but am i right in saying i would have to make a new image with the updated "anti" securom image ripper?

Comment

The game only has a disc check for starting the game. But the setup is protected with SecuROM, therefore you have to recreate.

Also there isn't such a thing like anti securom image ripper.
                                Peace Through Power

Comment

Working...
                                X