Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: DAEMON Tools is turning into...

Default DAEMON Tools is turning into...

Hello guys, I'm a long time fan of DAEMON tools. I registered for this simple purpose, to tell you all, and especially to developers that DAEMON Tools is turning into ware.

You know what ware means, those annoying njobs of software.

I'm afraid to say this, but DAEMON Tools used to be a lot better than today.

I know why the author or authors chose this route, money. Truth is, DAEMON Tools has very little money in it, even if you do a pro version with burning support, etc. Thus why try to squeeze every little dime out of it? There is no need for a lot of options checked by default during setup. Why would anyone need a search provider for crying out loud or a home page?

This is a cry for help. Because DAEMON Tools used to be a lot better than today. Today it is more of a ware application, similar to that Messenger Plus.

My advice to authors, come up with a new money making idea, instead of killing this beautiful application. End result of such an irresponsible behavior would be someone creative an alternative to DAEMON Tools, end of story.

Thank you very much for reading. Have a marvelous day.

Default Totally agree

I've stopped using Nero, WinAmp, Symantec tec. because they all turned into annoying bloatware and now this great porgram goes down the same road

It seems to itch in the fingers to "develop" the product but why changing a winning concept?

I want my programs I use to be small footprint ,stable and minimalistic in design.

Experienced User

Well, because maybe it is better to have a tool filled with advertisement as to have no more updates of this tool ;-D

What's the point of having Daemon Tools as search page when Google is better?

Experienced User

What about a single click while installing dt to avoid swapping the bookmarking?

Cґmon, you wonґt install dt each day a hundred times, donґt you?

Typing your queries here took much more time than deactivating the add-stuff for a huge amount of dt installations ;-D

what about going open source free-ware with no ads etc... kinda like linux!

you can add tones more coders for no fee you just have to review there work to make sure there not pulling a scam on you

and sell merchandise will support web page and founders can get a cut percent

btw please contact me head ppl of daemon tools i have some business ideas

New User

Yes, it is quite easy to deselect the stuff. So DT gets ad revenue, we get new products, we don't need to get the ads unless we either want to or we're useless. Everyone's happy. What's Google funded by anyhow?

Something may be right.
    But Now DT Lite is still acceptable.
    At least,DT Lite can make compressed image now.
    We lost the small footprint and get some new feature.
    We got something when we lost something.

PS:If you really can not bear it,try 4.09.1HE.

Experienced User

Quote Originally Posted by glamdring View Post
    what about going open source free-ware with no ads etc... kinda like linux!

you can add tones more coders for no fee you just have to review there work to make sure there not pulling a scam on you

and sell merchandise will support web page and founders can get a cut percent

btw please contact me head ppl of daemon tools i have some business ideas
    open source, free-ware... yeh thats a totally stunning business idea, i wonder why nobody else did that, oh yeh, cos they wouldn't have a business then....
    my views are 100% personal views..

the point isn't to make the regular your business just charge for above lite or have a ad option to allow the others free meaning its free ware with ads

or just go free ware and make a good product there are a bunch of open source free ware software similar to this that will soon take over if you guys don't come up with something

i mean look at 7zip best zip thing out there and there free ware open source

Why would some one pay for daemon tools if another free one is free? i personally never have paid for a daemons tool on use free because i know i can always get a free ware of the same thing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast