Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sherlock Holmes Nemesis problems

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and have relatively limited computer savvi, so be gentle with me!

I've just bought Sherlock Holmes Nemesis and wanted to back it up and mount it on Daemon to take on holiday - I usually do this anyway where I can to preserve the disks.

The game is protected by Securom and I got an error message saying that Daemon had been detected, when I tried to play the game. I read the forum posts and downloaded Yasu, but now the error message says that Yasu has been detected running in the background and I should disable it.

Is there any way to get around this please? I really don't want to take the disks with me if I can help it.

Many thanks.

Hallo Handyann, and welcome to the forum.

How did you create your image ?
    Which versions of Daemon Tools/YASU are you using ?

I've read this game is protected by SecuROM version 7.36.0011 which should work with
    latest Daemon Tools lite version 4.12.3 - probably without the use of YASU.
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Hi Terramex,

Thanks for getting back so quickly.

I used Blindwrite to make the image (on the advice of someone in the family who uses it) and I downloaded and tried the latest Daemon Lite and Yasu this morning, having read previous posts here, before posting.

If I use DT alone, I get the error message saying there is a conflict with an emulation program; if I use it with Yasu, the error tells me that a security module can't be opened and clicking on the link takes me to a Securom page which says that Yasu has been detected.

I also tried burning backup copies of the disks, as I obviously don't mind so much if these get damaged, but the error message asked for the original not a backup.

Looks like it's pretty secure one way and another!

Oh, and I'm using Vista Ultimate btw.

I'd appreciate any help you can give - apart from anything else, I hate to be beaten!!

Comment

Uninstall BlindWrite's driver (EZPlay) and then it should work in DT Lite.
        Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
        Peace Through Power

Comment

Working...
        X