Solution: No driver letter(s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solution: No driver letter(s)

Hi all, sorry if this is wrong thread but I didnt know where to post it. If you have problem with daeamon tools not having any driver letter and dont show in My Computer. If you right click your dvd/cd drive in the Device manager(start --> Rightclick My Computer --> Device Manager) and go to properties, if you have a code 31, 32, 39, 19 or 41 you can do this to fix it. This fixed my problem with daemon tools aswell.

Step 1: Start Registry Editor

Click Start

Click Run

Type regedit and then click OK

Step 2:
    Delete the UpperFilters registry entry

In Registry Editor, expand My Computer by clicking the + symbol next to the name

Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

Expand SYSTEM

Expand CurrentControlSet.

Expand Control

Expand Class

Under Class, click {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} - click on the name and NOT the +

In the right pane (topic area), click UpperFilters

Note A UpperFilters.bak registry entry may also appear. To delete the UpperFilters registry entry, you must click UpperFilters and not UpperFilters.bak.

On the Edit menu, click Delete

Note Do not exit Registry Editor. You must have this program for the next step.

Step 3: Delete the LowerFilters registry entry

In Registry Editor, stay in the same location as you were for the UpperFilters entry. In the right pane (topic area), click LowerFilters.

Note A LowerFilters.bak registry entry may also appear. To delete the LowerFilters registry entry, you must click LowerFilters and not LowerFilters.bak.

On the Edit menu, click Delete.

Exit Registry Editor.

Step 4: Restart the computer

If a CD recording program no longer works after you restart the computer, you must reinstall the CD recording program

Enjoy

already covered in the help thread if i remember right...
    my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

Working...
    X