No announcement yet.

SafeDisc 4.85

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blazkowicz, thanks for the reply. Sorry, I should have been more specific in my previous post. I did in fact make an mdf/mds image, not an ISO, using DT Pro Adv with SafeDisc profile and it did not work. I mounted it using an IDE virtual drive, with no SCSI virtual drives present. I also disabled my Secondary IDE Channel in Device Manager, as some other posts indicated helped in some circumstances. Nothing works... always get the dreaded "Please insert the correct DVD-ROM" error message when mounting the mdf/mds image. Any other suggestions? Thanks again.

Comment

It's been a week....any comments/suggestions?

Comment

Maybe the image is "bad". Can you try to create the image on another maschine with a different drive and retry it?

Comment

OK, I have good news & bad news. The good news is, following A.Hecka's suggestion, I loaded DT Pro Adv v4.30.0303 (the latest) onto another of my notebooks, created the mdf/mds image with Safedisc profile, mounted it and IT WORKED. No "Please insert orig DVD" error. Yay!!!

Then, I copied the mdf/mds to my other notebook (MSI Wind), updated my DT on that machine to v4.30.0303, mounted the image on a vIDE drive, and it failed, saying "Please insert orig DVD."

BTW, the notebook where this image works is running Vista Home Premium. The failed MSI Wind is running XP Home. Should that make any difference? Again, I really want to get this to work on the MSI Wind, since it has no internal DVD drive.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. At least we're making some progress.

Comment

do you have other emulation software installed on your MSI Wind notebook eg CloneCD or Alcohol?

Comment

Originally Posted by Novecento View Post
              do you have other emulation software installed on your MSI Wind notebook eg CloneCD or Alcohol?
              Nope, only using DT Pro Adv.

Comment

Working...
              X