Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DAEMON TOOLS LITE and PRO. all versions. Problems with Panda Securities Software.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAEMON TOOLS LITE and PRO. all versions. Problems with Panda Securities Software.

The is a problem with initializing of Daemon tools on computer running Panda Security Software. Does Daemon Have A fix for this?

Does this software use a TPM module from your motherboard and can you provide a screenshot of the error message (or any other info you want to post)?
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

here is the screen shot. As far as I know the software does not utilize the TPM Mod.

Comment

It seems Panda blocked SPTD installer. Reinstall SPTD driver without Panda.
        Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
        Peace Through Power

Comment

I was running DAEMON tools before, panda. and i did what u said to do but it didnt fix the issue. something about a kernel debugger running and i cant stop it but daemon says it must be stopped.

Comment

Originally Posted by Razor2992 View Post
            I was running DAEMON tools before, panda. and i did what u said to do but it didnt fix the issue. something about a kernel debugger running and i cant stop it but daemon says it must be stopped.
            You can install SPTD using safe mode, make sure all antivirus and all anti-spyware, and firewall software is OFF.
            the modern world:
            net helpmsg 4006

Comment

The SPTD installer went through fine. still the same problem same error code. It appears to be caused after the install is complete and then it comes time to restart, and Panda starts and then Daemon but Daemon Fails and errors with Kernel Debugger must be disabled but there is no way to do this...

Comment

As you surely see, english is not my native language, so it
                might be that I didnt got you:

I was running DAEMON tools before, panda
                Thats why I request here. Do you mean DT worked before
                you installed panda? Or do you mean that new version of
                panda and/or DT worked before? I assume that you mean
                that you runned DT before, than you installed panda and
                than it stopped working? Why you are sure that panda cause
                this problem?

Comment

Yes the Dtools worked before panda. now it gives the error. as shown in the screen shot. and Dtools is the only emulator that i trust so you can see why i am in such a bind.

Comment

Originally Posted by LocutusofBorg View Post
                    Why you are sure that panda cause this problem?
                    ..because I'm having the same problem..
                    Could anyone help?

The only way now to emulate anything is to turn panda off, turn daemon on, mount, turn panda back on and it works. But it's a bit inconvinient..

Comment

It's hard to believe that Panda has no any ways to except some files/modules/driver from the locking/scaning.
                      Any antiviruses I have used have "except" functionality because in some cases it is the only way to avoid incompatibility problems.
                      Welcome to the dark side, my dear padavan. We have cookies

Comment

Temporary solution

Solution! At least a temporary one which worked for me:

Go to Panda's settings menu, then to the "protection against unknown threats" or something like that (my panda isn't in english and I can't change it without reinstalling) and turn off "TruPrevent" because it truly prevents DT from starting. If you don't want to compromise your security as much, you can also just switch off "action analysis" under TruPrevent "additional settings", which did the trick too.

I hope this helps, until Panda can resolve the issue. I'm using DT Lite 4.30.1 and Panda Antivirus + Firewall 2008 (7.01.00)(firewall component not installed due to conflicts with windows file sharing)
                        ANYTHING that comes from Japan is GREAT. No exceptions.

Comment

I had same troubles.....

I ve got tired to install and uninstall , reinstall, etc, windows vista sp1 64 bits; i had to migrate to Virtual Drive Pro Manager and had no problems at all......
                          I am really so sorry to abandon Daemon Tools after many many years....... I hope ,one day, when it is fixed i receive a gift from the creators of it in my email: blwesle@mail.retina.ar
                          Thx
                          Dr Wesler

Comment

I am Dr Wesler again after some years..... I tried to install daemon tools lite in my windows 8.1 pro but everytime i did so the laptop crashed..... and i had to reformat ......
                            any solution NO RiSK????

Comment

Working...
                            X