#@?! search toolbar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #@?! search toolbar

I've read other posts and have followed the weak advice on how to uninstall the adware "bunny" and even I've even uninstalled daemon lite but I still can't get rid of the search bar in Firefox 2 browser and I also get popup ads. I uninstalled daemon so now I don't know what version it was.

Alco says: "simply go to 'Control Panel' (Add/Remove and remove there you Advertising application)."
    >> It's not there.

Jito463 says: "Try installing 4.11.1 and uncheck the Search Bar during installation."
    >> It's not available on your website. (I tried installing daemon4123-lite.exe (without checking the boxes to install the crap) but I still have all the "bunnies" and the daemon search toolbar in Foxfire 2.

Underheaven says: "I believe it's listed as WhenU under control panel Add/Remove programs"
    (You believe? If you are daemon employee you should know.)
    >> No, WhenU is not there.

Copytrooper says "Check WhenU support site for uninstallation information regarding SaveNow."
    >>Didn't help -- besides, I downloaded this malware from daemon and I intentionally gave you the "support" that you asked for. Daemon now has a responsibility to help me get rid of it.

Please help me get rid of the daemon search toolbar in Foxfire 2.

Thanks

Originally Posted by Chitwilber View Post
    Underheaven says: "I believe it's listed as WhenU under control panel Add/Remove programs"

>> No, WhenU is not there.
    I said that because the ad-ware is updated to the newest most compatible versions every month or two. Sometimes the name is changed in the add/remove programs list due to a new update of the advertising package.
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Well i say the same thing

I tried everything but couldn't Delete Deamon Search
      And i really think that you ppl ignoring this thing it's like you don't even feel giving a answer to how to delete it.

Deamon tool is great but to have an Addon/plugin that's can't be removed you are SOOOO lame.

So i am excepting That the next post will be Step by step How to Delete it NOT RANDOM solutions.

Comment

It can be removed.

Start page:

Open Internet Explorer -> press on Tools -> Internet Options -> Enter start page where you see "Use current", "Use default" and "Use blank"

DAEMON Search Provider:

Open Internet Explorer -> Press on the arrow next to "DAEMON Search" -> Change Search Defaults -> Select another Search provider and click on "Set Default" or simply select "DAEMON Search" and then press on "Remove" button.

Last edited by Blazkowicz; 13.07.2008, 00:20.
        Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
        Peace Through Power

Comment

Why don't you try a more methodical and logical approach.

Go through your entire add/remove programs list and remove what you don't recognise. After all if you don't know what it is then it shouldn't be installed on your system.

That way i would like to bet that your almost garenteed to get rid of this advertising module.

Comment

i didn't ask about Changing the provider i am talking about the whole thing, that i want to remove.

Comment

Originally Posted by danny_kay1710 View Post
              Why don't you try a more methodical and logical approach.

Go through your entire add/remove programs list and remove what you don't recognise. After all if you don't know what it is then it shouldn't be installed on your system.

That way i would like to bet that your almost garenteed to get rid of this advertising module.
              Sadly, i said i have tried everything Even deleting the registry File

Comment

Control Panel -> Add or Remove programs -> Advantage -> Change/Remove -> Yes
                Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
                Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
                  Control Panel -> Add or Remove programs -> Advantage -> Change/Remove -> Yes
                  Didn't help, the whole par still here : /
                  any other way!?

Comment

I can't speak for FF, but that search bar is par for the course with IE. That's written in there by MS themselves.

Comment

For explorer this should work:

Add in the DWORD value NoSearchBox, with the value set to 1, to the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Int ernet Explorer\Infodelivery\Restrictions

For Firefox

right-click magnifying glass, choose customize, now left-click and hold down the button, drag the search bar over to this window and drop it there. Now its no longer present in your browser, you can do this with Go button also if you want.

Hope this helps.

Comment

For FireFox it worked 100%
                        well no need to try the IE then cuz i am using IE tabs in Firefox also so abandon IE.
                        well sense i removed the Par i feel like missing something lol
                        anyway Thanks alot u should sticky this so no one ask the same question tonz of time :P

Comment

How To Remove Daemon Search From IE & FireFox

Originally Posted by Norman Bates View Post
                          For explorer this should work:

Add in the DWORD value NoSearchBox, with the value set to 1, to the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Int ernet Explorer\Infodelivery\Restrictions

For Firefox

right-click magnifying glass, choose customize, now left-click and hold down the button, drag the search bar over to this window and drop it there. Now its no longer present in your browser, you can do this with Go button also if you want.

Hope this helps.
                          FireFox :-
                          right-click magnifying glass = right click in the navigation Toolbar
                          then Drag the daemon search from the navigation Toolbar
                          to the Customize ToolBar Window
                          That's it.

IE7:-
                          As Norman Bates said
                          Go to Run >> type "regedit" >> the Go to
                          "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\In ternet Explorer\Infodelivery\Restrictions"

as for me i reached the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsof t" and didn't find the "Internet Explorer" Folder.
                          So you just need to Create the Folders
                          Key = Folder
                          When u reach the "Restrictions" Folder
                          add a DWORD to to so "new >> DWORD Value"
                          rename it to "NoSearchBox"
                          Then double click on it , in the "value data" add number "1"
                          And that's it.

All worked for me

all Thanks to Norman Bates

Comment

Glad i could help!

Comment

Removal.

Wondering if this is current.... if not whatever. The search is there by default in both IE and Firefox, but the default in each is different, for IE, its Bing search, for Firefox its Google. to put it back to the way it was, simply Click the icon for daemon tools search, (not the field fill bar, the icon) and choose google as the search tool. Then click Manage Search Engines and reomve the Daemon Tools search engine completely and permanently.

Comment

Working...
                              X