Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error when loading an ISO into CloneCD from D-Tools 3.44

Hey all,

I've just downloaded the new 3.44 version and mounted an ISO. When I start CloneCD to do burn CloneCD says it doesn't support the Genric DVD and quits. Any ideas?

The exact error reads: Genric DVD-ROM is not compatible with CloneCD Read Mode "Normal"

If this is vilolation of the TOS of this board please let me know.

edit

I just read the TOS and so everyone knows, I'm making an unattended install of "MY" os.

/edit

Try to rename the virtual DT drive, maybe it helps..:?: :!: :?:

I just tried to rip an iso mounted in DT 3.44 with CloneCD 4.3.1.9... No problems what so ever 8) .
    I hope you're not trying to BURN the iso to the virtual DT drive.... :shock:
    8) Lintworm a.k.a. Michel Maasdijk 8)

Comment

I change the name and it still did the same. I guess I could buy CloneCD again so I could get the newest version.

But instead I just installed the virtual CD that comes with CloneCD 4.02 and it worked fine.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Comment

Beware beware...

Safedisc 3+ protected games will not run with CloneCD 4.2.0.2 virtual CD drive installed, even WITH THE ORIGINAL CD in the physical reader !

I did the experience with Uru..

Comment

Hmmm... Strange CapJack...

I have been playing Uru too..
          Guess what? Both the copy and the original cd work fine...

:shock: Must be the 4.2.0.2 version of CCD that causes your problem :?

Comment

:| Not so strange.. Ubi Soft support itself says that CD emulators can cause the game not to run. What version of Uru / CloneCD used you?
            Note that it took me a lot of time before finding the problem...

Comment

I used the original cd (no updates) and CloneCD 4.3.1.9....

I've been playing Uru for a couple of weeks now and expertianced no problems

BTW... Cuervo, did upgrading to 4.3.1.9 help you with your problem :?: :?:

Comment

I didn't upgrade; in fact, I don't have any problem since I uninstalled CCD Virtual drive.. :lol: :lol:
                Why use another emulation program than DT :roll: ?

Thank you the same for your spontaneous and disinterested help :mrgreen: !

Comment

HI CapJack...

My Uru probably works fine because I don't have any virtual drives from CCD....
                  Readiung back your first post, I noticed that you allready talked about CCD virtual drives....
                  Pretty strange here in the forum of DT don't you think... :lol:

Comment

Working...
                  X