Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

warcraft III won't work (HINT: latest patch removes all cd-checks)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• warcraft III won't work (HINT: latest patch removes all cd-checks)

Hey i sort of got the same problem too, it says

"Please verify that your frozen throne disc is in your CD-Rom drive, then click on 'retry'

its for warcraft it all completely works but when i click "Play Warcraft" it gives me that message and im still wondering how to fix it, any help would be great.

Just update to the latest version of Warcraft III. The CD check was removed in the last patch.
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

I downloaded Dameon tools today(version 4.3 - it's the latest right?), and I still get the same problem.

I'm trying to run reign of chaos but it still says that the disc is not there.

Comment

Originally Posted by Underheaven View Post
        Just update to the latest version of Warcraft III. The CD check was removed in the last patch.

Here you go, I even got a download link for you.

or the Frozen Throne expansion

Comment

There we go. Thanks for the help Jito. I beat the first mission of prologue.

Comment

Another problem. I shut down my comp after playing for a bit.

When I turned it on again, the Daemon tools icon at the bottom right disappeared, and without that, I don't know how to get Warcraft 3 working.

Comment

start->programs->daemon tools (might also be daemon tools pro etc.. depending on what version you have), it should launch daemon.exe anyway...
              my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

Originally Posted by evlncrn8 View Post
                start->programs->daemon tools (might also be daemon tools pro etc.. depending on what version you have), it should launch daemon.exe anyway...
                Or "Start -> Programs -> Daemon Tools -> Daemon Tools Agent" - depending on the version you just might want to start the agent (tray-icon and so on...).

Comment

Since the last patch removed the need to have the disc in the drive (virtual or otherwise), DTools does not need to be running to play WC3 (same with Diablo 2 for that matter).

Comment

Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
                    Since the last patch removed the need to have the disc in the drive (virtual or otherwise), DTools does not need to be running to play WC3 (same with Diablo 2 for that matter).
                    It shouldn't but it won't let me play without the "disk" for some reason. The icon reappeared on my task bar the next day somehow. I know why it disappeared in the first place.

Comment

Originally Posted by vampSTAR View Post
                      Or "Start -> Programs -> Daemon Tools -> Daemon Tools Agent" - depending on the version you just might want to start the agent (tray-icon and so on...).
                      yeh, but i didnt know if he was a customer, or if the agent came with the lite version ...
                      my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

I'm trying to play frozen throne and it has the same problem. "Disk is not present" or something like that. I tried to play frozen throne the same way I played Reign of Chaos but it didn't work.

Just great. Now I can't play warcraft 3 either.

Comment

Bad image - recreate it. Also, you can still insert your original disk to play.
                          Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
                          Peace Through Power

Comment

@default
                            You mentioned you couldn't play without the disc, did you copy all the *.mpq files from the WC3 disc(s) to your install directory?

Comment

yo, i have the same problem. I downloaded the patch but it still won't let me play the disc. Do I have to do something with the patch like open it? If so, in what program?

Comment

Working...
                              X