Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by tbessie View Post
    Is anyone looking into this?
    I just quoted Development for you which means: yes.
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Just jumping in here, I am experiencing the same issue myself. I had been using DT Lite but just reinstalled my system and redownloaded with the new 4.3x version which as reported does not play nicely with PowerDVD.

I just purchased DT Pro with the hopes that I could at least get a link to a 4.12 version which I could use to tide me over but I have not been able to find such a link yet.

When I downloaded the Basic trial from the website it was 4.12 which worked, but then I had no way (that I'm aware of) to enter my registration info so that version is always on a 10 day timer.

Any help is much appreciated.

It does trouble me that the whole time the solution we've all been using only worked because PDVD thought the movie was a DVD instead of a BD. This means it would be all too easy for them to patch yet again and kill our solution for playing movies we already own through our HTPCs.

Comment

Ah HA.

Originally Posted by Underheaven View Post
        I just quoted Development for you which means: yes.
        Ah, didn't see who you were quoting. :-)

In any case, they were wrong, because there are also cases where it doesn't work with PowerDVD 7, either. This appears to have to do with the emulation mode Daemon Tools is using when mounting Blu-Rays; according to the SlySoft forums (AnyDVD HD subforum), Daemon Tools used to mount Blu-Rays emulated as DVDs, but now mounts them emulated as BD-ROMs (as of .301), which can break Blu-Ray playback (possibly only if the BD had had AACS removed by AnyDVD). A fix is suggested where an MDS file is created from the ISO file, and the booktype changed to BD-R, I believe.

In any case, I've had some email with support (is that you? :-) ) where I mentioned this stuff. Just putting it here for everyone's benefit.

- Tim

Comment

I'm not one of the people that answer's emails. Ok, I hadn't heard about the manual MDS file workaround so here's a link for anyone else reading:

Daemon Tools V4.30.0301 stops PDVD8 playback @ Slysoft forums

Originally Posted by SlySoft Team Member
          A theory... I assume it works for you, because you use the SamuriHL method: DT emulates a BD-ROM, AnyDVD changes this to BD-R, works with PowerDVD. Mounting a decrypted image without AnyDVD will fail, as PowerDVD sees a BD-ROM without AACS. I don't think AnyDVD will change the media type, if the disc (image) doesn't have AACS.

Originally Posted by LIGHTNING UK!
          locoeng just referred me to this thread to save him acting as the middle man!

The 'Create DVD MDS File' feature always makes MDS files where DT will emulate a DVD-ROM disc. So basically you don't need to do anything, it just works.
          the modern world:
          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by Underheaven View Post
            I'm not one of the people that answer's emails. Ok, I hadn't heard about the manual MDS file workaround so here's a link for anyone else reading:

Daemon Tools V4.30.0301 stops PDVD8 playback @ Slysoft forums
            Thanks much!

- Tim

Comment

This issue will be fixed in next version.

Comment

i'll chime in here myself if that's ok ?!?
                as a "fix" without much work simply make sure that anydvd is also running. so in fact i am answering the original poster here. your exact description was my exact circumstance too. so just have anydvd running in the system tray and mount the bluray image with dt pro. then open powerdvd 8 and select the movie to play from your virtual drive letter. it will load and play as normal.

Comment

Today I experienced the same problem the original poster described. I upgraded to DT Lite 4.30.1 and now PDVD8 won't play my Blu-Ray ISO's mounted with DT anymore.

I have tried leaving AnyDVD running as suggested but hasn't made any difference.

A previous post mentioned that this issue would be fixed in the next version, does anyone know when this will be released?

Comment

Originally Posted by jmcvitie View Post
                    Today I experienced the same problem the original poster described. I upgraded to DT Lite 4.30.1 and now PDVD8 won't play my Blu-Ray ISO's mounted with DT anymore.

I have tried leaving AnyDVD running as suggested but hasn't made any difference.

A previous post mentioned that this issue would be fixed in the next version, does anyone know when this will be released?
                    The short answer is that you need to create a MDS file in the same directory as your ISO file. ImgBurn will do this for you from the Tools pull-down menu. When using PDVD, from now on, you launch your movie by pointing to the MDS file instead of the ISO file.

Comment

Creating an MDS isnt a work around for folks who use MyMovies - which will only mount ISOs.

Is there at least a download available to an older version of the software that doesnt have the problem until the problem is fixed?!

Comment

PDVD8 Aborts with latest patch

I had the same problems in this thread when I did not run Anydvd. I ripped with anydvdhd with protection on. This was the only way to get anything to play with or without slysoft running. I can now run on PDVD 7.3.

On PDVD 8.02021.56 which came out 9/11 it now aborts when I try to play a movie. Vista throws the Abort/retry/debug message.

running Vista 64
                        Daemon Pro Standard just bought on 9/29

Comment

Originally Posted by Development View Post
                          Glad to hear that.

The older DTPro initializes the virtual drive as 'DVD'.
                          The newer DTPro initializes the virtual drive as 'HD DVD'.

This can be easily verified by opening explorer and look at 'My computer'.

PDVD7 will play HD DVD's.
                          PDVD8 will not play HD DVD's.

Newer BR's require PDVD8.

My preference (if it is a solution) would be to let the user
                          have a sticky switch(s) to permit the user to select which type of drive is being emulated when the virtual drive is initialized.

Comment

Originally Posted by Development View Post
                            Just curious, but was this fixed in the recent release? I can't quite tell from the release notes.

- Tim

Comment

It should be fixed - what about trying yourself?
                              Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
                              Peace Through Power

Comment

No, it was not fixed.

Well not when I used the download
                                DTPro4300302Advanced.exe and use it with PDV8.

PDVD8 does not recognize HD DVD. Period!

The virtual drive created by DTPro4300302Advanced.exe
                                is recognized as an HD DVD regardless of what M$ OS is used (VISTA, XP, 64 or 32).

Again, this can be easily verified by opening explorer and look at 'My computer'.

Comment

Working...
                                X