audio/digital cable emulation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• audio/digital cable emulation

This might have been asked before but I can not find it in the forums so here it goes remeber the anlog/digital cable that goes between the cdrom to your sound card I know its old not many people or need it, but is there a way of emulating this feature for older games cause I have a turok 2 image cause my old disk got cracked and thats the only way the game will play the music, so do you think it could be done?

What OS and service pack are you using? Enable digital CD audio in the device manager:

the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

ok ill give it a try and im running windows xp service pack 3 x86 and I also have vista ultimate x64 but i mostly use windows xp

Comment

i did a little more reseach it seems to be the game cannot play its music in xp or higher so it looks like im screwed or make a small pc up to run 98 sorry i thought it was the cable missing so sorry for putting it up a stupid question.

Comment

Make your virtual drive the lowest drive letter (after your hard drives). Many older games would only play the audio from the first optical drive, as they assumed you would only HAVE one optical drive.

Comment

Working...
          X