Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4.30.1 Freezes During Installs (possible RAID issue)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@SnowLeopard

Did you try on Vista too ? Try it if you can.

Comment

No, I've avoided Vista as best I can - I have Vista Business licences for my PCs at home, but all have been downgraded to XP Pro.

I have a dual-boot XP/Vista on my laptop, but as I mentioned earlier my laptop has no problems with anything (no RAID/etc).

Sorry

Comment

Try 4.10 with SPTD 1.56 and one times with SPTD 1.50.
        Last edited by Blazkowicz; 23.12.2008, 18:52.
        Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
        Peace Through Power

Comment

I have 4.12.4 Lite installed (SPTD 1.56) and am using that for mounting (seems to have no issues) ... Have Pro installed alongside for making images.

It would be nice to have just the pro installed, since I've paid for it and all.

Comment

Please post all configuration of your computer etc (in case you already did, sry).
            Peace Through Power

Comment

same problem with ver 4.30.3
              (dammed my brand new system 4 freezing -.-)
              Installed the game later with the cd i deposited at my parents house... .
              System:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz 1333MHz S775 12MB 45nm
              Netzteil ATX Jersey Black Edition BE-500WS r
              GA-EP45T-UD3P P45 S775 1600MHz ATX PCIe512MB Sapphire Radeon HD3870 GDDR4 DVI
              2x2048MB Kit OCZ Reaper HPC 1333MHz CL6
              1000GB Seagate ST31000333AS Barracuda 7200.1 32MB Sata2

XP SP3
              all newest driver etc. installed because i thought i'd be a system problem i reinstall 4.30.0 now

Comment

(didn't found the edit
                i use AHCI not raid
                & it dont work if i downgrad to 4.30.0
                even not if i remove the spdt drivers and reinstall

Comment

And when you change from AHCI to IDE in SATA options in BIOS?
                  Peace Through Power

Comment

Ive got this same problem. Ive now tested each of the 4.30.x version and everyone freezes after little while when you copy/install files from mounted image. Currently running 4.12.4 which seems to work without any problems.

Currently running with ACHI mode. Cannot test IDE option since that would require me to reinstall Windows to test(?).

Computer specs:
                    Code:
                    Computer:      Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. EP45-DS3P
                    CPU:           Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU    Q9550  @ 2.83GHz

Motherboard:   Giga-Byte GA-EP45-DS3P
                    Chipset:       Intel P45 (Eaglelake-P) + ICH10R
                    Memory:        4096 MBytes, 5.0-5-5-18
                                   - 2048 MB PC6400 DDR2-SDRAM - Kingston 2G-UDIMM
                                   - 2048 MB PC6400 DDR2-SDRAM - Kingston 2G-UDIMM
                    Graphics:      Hightech RADEON HD 4870
                                   ATI RADEON HD 4870 (RV770 XT), 512 MB DDR SDRAM
                    Drive:         ST3320613AS, 312.6 GB, Serial ATA 3Gb/s
                    Drive:         Optiarc DVD RW AD-7203S, DVD+R DL
                    Sound:         Intel ICH10 - High Definition Audio Controller [A0]
                    Sound:         ATI RV770 - High Definition Audio Controller
                    Network:       Realtek RTL8168C(P)/8111C(P) PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC

Comment

Originally Posted by Mystiqq View Post
                      Ive got this same problem. Ive now tested each of the 4.30.x version and everyone freezes after little while when you copy/install files from mounted image. Currently running 4.12.4 which seems to work without any problems.

Currently running with ACHI mode. Cannot test IDE option since that would require me to reinstall Windows to test(?).
                      You're running a single hdd, i.e. no RAID? Should be no problem to put it in IDE mode then.
                      Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
                      They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Yes single HD but again as i tried to change it to "IDE", Windows wont load. It just reboots after few seconds it starts to load Windows. Sometime ago i was playing around with this stuff as i set RAID on my mini-server-pc-thing and i had to reinstall to get it to work (from IDE to RAID).

I dont have time to redo everything again, so i have to keep the old version and somehow manage. Hope this gets resolved eventually.

PS. Does anyone else have similar setup and is able to run the new version(s) with out problems?

Comment

so, what i must to do?

Comment

Found solution for my hangup/freeze after trying to read/copy from mounted image. The Gigabyte Energy Saver was causing the hangups for me. After killing the "GSvr" process from "task manager" everything worked without any problems.

Comment

Yes !!!

Thanks a lot comrade Mystiqq you solve my problem, it's seems that every gigabyte that come with that soft (gsvr.exe) have the same problem, donc load it and every install with daemon tools works fine.

thx, thx, thx, kisses : ))

Comment

re: ...sounds like I'm not alone...

...ok, here's my config

AMD Phenom II 955 BE (few days old, before AMD Athlon 64 6400+ X2 BE)
                                DFI LanParty DK 790FXB-M2RS
                                2x 320GB WD RAID0
                                1x 750GB WD
                                AMD 4870 512MB
                                SB Live 5.1 Digital
                                DVD-ROM DVD-RW bouth ATA

Had same problem of freezing Windows XP SP3 32bit system when trying to install something over Deamon Tools 4.30.1 version, well, problem is even bigger that I got my new CPU day before, & then the problem started, ...I was confused, well, it sometines freezed even when not installing, maybe something was in Deamon Tools, never checked...

Now I updatet to 4.30.4 version, & I'll see how is it going on...
                                Also, now I don't have RAID0 any more, I just installed on one WD320 system, other is free, but also freezed when using image in 4.30.1 version, that is when trying to install...

Hope this is my problem, cheers...

Comment

Working...
                                X