Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 40

Thread: "Unable to mount image. File not accessible"

Unglücklich

I just started seeing this problem too... after switching to Vista (x86 - 32bit). I was using XP (MCE2005). Both the XP and Vista installs had/have DT-Lite v4.30.1 installed, and both are connecting to the same Vista machine that is hosting ISO files (no changes on the ISO server side). The upgrade from XP to Vista was a full reformat/fresh install.

It is strange because if I right click on DT-Lite and choose "Mount Image", I can browse all the way to the network share (let's call it '\\server\ISOs\MyIso.iso'), select the file, and then I get the error... Also, using UltraISO on the same Vista client, I can open the \\server\ISOs\MyIso.iso and browse through the contents of it (extract files, and even burn it to disc).

Perhaps DT-Lite is expecting some form of file lock or sharing mode on the ISO that is not available through shared folders in Vista.

Also, mounting the network share as a drive does NOT fix the problem.

Is this something that would work if I purchased DT-Pro?

Unglücklich

No ideas? Is there additional logging I can turn on to provide more details here?

Hi everybody!

I do have the same problem: on my Win2000 machine, mounting images is only possible when the image is stored in the root directory of a drive (e.g. C: or D: for harddiscs, or E: for dvd).

Because i do not want to copy an image everytime i want to use one, i wrote a tiny program that uses the subst command to create a virtual device (which may be connected to any directory on a physical drive) and then uses the command line switches for deamon tools to mount a user specified image.

The question is: am i allowed to post a link to a program that does not belong to the daemon tools project in any case?

LT

For 2000 this is known issue with Lite version, and will be fixed with next version currently in beta test stage, with Pro version it is already fixed with build 303.
    Last edited by Copytrooper : 29.10.2008 at 17:57
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

so... no comments / suggestions / ideas on the Vista network mounting issue?

Difficult to say, may be some problem with the server settings.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

DT-Lite v4.1, DT v3.47, and Virtual CloneDrive are all able to mount the network image without issue... so, it appears to be something that changed in DT-Lite v4.30.1. For now I am using CloneDrive, but I will keep installing new versions of DT-Lite and post here if it starts working again.

Idee

Quote Originally Posted by shaunco View Post
    DT-Lite v4.1, DT v3.47, and Virtual CloneDrive are all able to mount the network image without issue... so, it appears to be something that changed in DT-Lite v4.30.1. For now I am using CloneDrive, but I will keep installing new versions of DT-Lite and post here if it starts working again.
    Please just read the thread.. all questions have been answered, by administrators also.

Quote Originally Posted by nimd4 View Post
    Please just read the thread.. all questions have been answered, by administrators also.
    No they haven't. The Admins have addressed the questions regarding the network mounting issues in Win2000, not Vista.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunco View Post
    No they haven't. The Admins have addressed the questions regarding the network mounting issues in Win2000, not Vista.
    I can only say this is true. SInce upgrading to 303 I cannot mount any images from 64bit Vista that are on a NAS in the network.

Very annoying.

regards Edmond

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast