"Unable to mount image. File not accessible"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Unable to mount image. File not accessible"

Hello. I saw this question here somewhere already. But it was a bit different issue, and i couldn't find an answer...
    The problem is: the PC has win2k installed in it and had Daemon tools 4.03 before i made an update to 4.30.1, so with this new "Lite" version it's not able to mount any CD images that were mountable before with 4.03 with no problems.
    I get this message: "Unable to mount image. File not accessible". I've tried to configure this new "Daemon" a bit, but no use.
    What may be the problem? Antivirus programs? Old version of windows (some updates maybe)?
    Thank you for understanding.

Mounting in Win2000 will be fixed in next version.

Comment

Is there an approximate timeframe for that version?

I have this same problem with the commercial DTpro 4.30, which is unfortunately the first version I bought. Is there any possibility to use an older version in the meantime?

Comment

Unable to mount image. File not accessible

I have the same problem with DAEMON Tools. When an ISO image file is not in the root directory (C:\) but instead in MY Documents and further sub directories I get the error message:

"Unable to mount image. File not accessible"

When the same ISO files are placed in C:\ everything works OK!

I use:

1) Windows 2000 with SP4 (+ all the later updates)

2) DAEMON Tools Lite 4.30.1

Questions:

- Can anyone tell me which newest version of DAEMON Tools does not have this particular problem with Win2000?

- Can anyone from the development team tell us when we could expect version with the problem fixed?

kind regards

Comment

4.12.4 should work work for you.

That bug should be fixed in next version.
          Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
          Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
            4.12.4 should work work for you.

That bug should be fixed in next version.
            good to hear - is this only being fixed for windows 2000?

I am running Windows Vista 64 bit and get the same message when i try to mount any given image...

Comment

So far i only heard of this bug for Windows 2000.
              Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
              Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
                So far i only heard of this bug for Windows 2000.
                ok i've somehow sorted it out a little bit more: the error only happens when i try to mount something from a SMB Network Share. The odd thing is: i have full administrator rights for all my shares - renaming, deleting, moving files and stuff.

do you have any information on what sort of smb share Daemon tools expect in a vista environment? I had no problems with XP - it's the same share.

I have a winxp powered fileserver with some 'easy share' method activated shares and connected them to vista, previously xp, via 'assign network drive' option in my windows explorer. therefore the connections are made by the guest account which has all the rights.

thanks

Comment

I have a plan...

Hi guys

I got the same error and I am getting sick of it, I want to install Turok but I cannot mount the images...

After endless strugles I realized that it has to be my operating system, because I have the Deamon Tools, wich works great!

So what I will do is format my pc and installl Windows Vista, then I will try again. If that doesn't work, then I will install Vista's Service Pack 1, hopefully it work by then. I will add a post here saying whether it works or not.

Good luck for all of you, I feel your pain...
                  Cry Wolf

Comment

Windows 2000 Update Rollup 1 for Service Pack 4

DAEMON Tools is still able to mount the image, from the root of a drive..

eg. C:\
                    Last edited by nimd4; 27.10.2008, 21:28. Reason: Title changed.

Comment

I just started seeing this problem too... after switching to Vista (x86 - 32bit). I was using XP (MCE2005). Both the XP and Vista installs had/have DT-Lite v4.30.1 installed, and both are connecting to the same Vista machine that is hosting ISO files (no changes on the ISO server side). The upgrade from XP to Vista was a full reformat/fresh install.

It is strange because if I right click on DT-Lite and choose "Mount Image", I can browse all the way to the network share (let's call it '\\server\ISOs\MyIso.iso'), select the file, and then I get the error... Also, using UltraISO on the same Vista client, I can open the \\server\ISOs\MyIso.iso and browse through the contents of it (extract files, and even burn it to disc).

Perhaps DT-Lite is expecting some form of file lock or sharing mode on the ISO that is not available through shared folders in Vista.

Also, mounting the network share as a drive does NOT fix the problem.

Is this something that would work if I purchased DT-Pro?

Comment

No ideas? Is there additional logging I can turn on to provide more details here?

Comment

Hi everybody!

I do have the same problem: on my Win2000 machine, mounting images is only possible when the image is stored in the root directory of a drive (e.g. C: or D: for harddiscs, or E: for dvd).

Because i do not want to copy an image everytime i want to use one, i wrote a tiny program that uses the subst command to create a virtual device (which may be connected to any directory on a physical drive) and then uses the command line switches for deamon tools to mount a user specified image.

The question is: am i allowed to post a link to a program that does not belong to the daemon tools project in any case?

LT

Comment

For 2000 this is known issue with Lite version, and will be fixed with next version currently in beta test stage, with Pro version it is already fixed with build 303.
                            Last edited by Copytrooper; 29.10.2008, 18:57.
                            Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
                            They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

so... no comments / suggestions / ideas on the Vista network mounting issue?

Comment

Working...
                              X