No announcement yet.

"Unable to mount image. File not accessible"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Difficult to say, may be some problem with the server settings.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

DT-Lite v4.1, DT v3.47, and Virtual CloneDrive are all able to mount the network image without issue... so, it appears to be something that changed in DT-Lite v4.30.1. For now I am using CloneDrive, but I will keep installing new versions of DT-Lite and post here if it starts working again.

Comment

Originally Posted by shaunco View Post
        DT-Lite v4.1, DT v3.47, and Virtual CloneDrive are all able to mount the network image without issue... so, it appears to be something that changed in DT-Lite v4.30.1. For now I am using CloneDrive, but I will keep installing new versions of DT-Lite and post here if it starts working again.
        Please just read the thread.. all questions have been answered, by administrators also.

Comment

Originally Posted by nimd4 View Post
          Please just read the thread.. all questions have been answered, by administrators also.
          No they haven't. The Admins have addressed the questions regarding the network mounting issues in Win2000, not Vista.

Comment

No they haven't. The Admins have addressed the questions regarding the network mounting issues in Win2000, not Vista.
            I can only say this is true. SInce upgrading to 303 I cannot mount any images from 64bit Vista that are on a NAS in the network.

Very annoying.

regards Edmond

Comment

Originally Posted by edmond2 View Post
              I can only say this is true. SInce upgrading to 303 I cannot mount any images from 64bit Vista that are on a NAS in the network.

Very annoying.

regards Edmond
              Well if you want to be picky about it, Blazkowicz said that so far this issue is known for Windows 2000 only & Copytrooper said that it's

Originally Posted by Copytrooper View Post
              Difficult to say, may be some problem with the server settings.
              ... So have you tried w/SP1?
              Originally Posted by Cry Wolf View Post
              So what I will do is format my pc and installl Windows Vista, then I will try again. If that doesn't work, then I will install Vista's Service Pack 1, hopefully it work by then. I will add a post here saying whether it works or not.

Comment

Make this thread sticky

Originally Posted by Development View Post
                Mounting in Win2000 will be fixed in next version.
                Again, make this thready sticky. I just wasted a sunday for this

Comment

After months of waiting I still have this issue with Vista.

pls make sticky for others and PLS! post a bugfix...

thanks!

Comment

Originally Posted by cozappz View Post
                    Originally Posted by Development View Post
                    Mounting in Win2000 will be fixed in next version.
                    Again, make this thready sticky. I just wasted a sunday for this
                    Google is your friend :p "Unable to mount image. File not accessible"

Comment

I have the same problem with network drives on XP and a local drive (not C on vista. In other words, I have a problem with every iso I have tried. The latest version I have that works (but not on vista) is 4.09.1.

I am just giving vista another try now that it is more mature, but daemon is more important to me than vista. So looks like back to XP for a while.

Comment

Same issue in Vista 64 os on some drives but not others.. Very Strange.

I have 2 raid 5 devices on the same raid controller under Vista. .iso file will mount on 1 drive but not on the other. I am beginning to regret gettin this product. Too many killer bugs.

The whole point to the drive that they don't like is it is very large and can store a lot of images..
                        Frustrated DT customer

Comment

sorry but where's the fix?!

Comment

I still see no fix for this. And it is defenitly something that went wrong in the latest version. NEver had this problem with previous versions.

Since having payed for the product including 3 years support and new versions, I think quite some time of those 3 years now are passing without being able to fully use the product as intended. What will be done about this and more import, when will this be fixed?

regards Edmond

PS. Here another discussion on this topic I've found Daemon tools mounten over netwerk in Vista - Client Software Algemeen - GoT

Comment

Originally Posted by edmond2 View Post
                              I still see no fix for this. And it is defenitly something that went wrong in the latest version. NEver had this problem with previous versions.

Since having payed for the product including 3 years support and new versions, I think quite some time of those 3 years now are passing without being able to fully use the product as intended. What will be done about this and more import, when will this be fixed?

regards Edmond

PS. Here another discussion on this topic I've found Daemon tools mounten over netwerk in Vista - Client Software Algemeen - GoT
                              Have this problem now in XP as well - happend after SP3 with some additional updates of sorts.

Could it be that Daemon Tolls simply is unable to handle really large volumes? My Networkshare has 13 TB

Comment

Well could be. Mine is 5TB, in Raid so effectively 4TB. But, it did work with this same hardware and share before.

regards Ed

Comment

Working...
                                X