Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird problem SafeDisk 4.85

Hello everyone

I've got a strange problem with Win XP and CD image protected with SafeDisk 4.85.

I have ripped the CD using Clone CD and created an image on my Vista x64 laptop. The CD is working fine even after fresh install of Vista.

I have taken the CD to work and wanted to launch on my works PC using the newest Daemon Tools(with safedisk emulation on) and previously created image and I get an error asking to insert correct CD-ROM??

Any ideas what may cause the problem?

Thanks

Originally Posted by mrtn View Post
    I have taken the CD to work and wanted to launch on my works PC using the newest Daemon Tools(with safedisk emulation on) and previously created image and I get an error asking to insert correct CD-ROM??
    Does this also happen with the original disc ?

What chipset does your PC at work have ?
    Is the optical drive S-ATA or IDE ?
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Hi

Not sure about the chipset at the moment,but form my research on google it looks like it's Intel Q965, I will double check tomorrow and let you know. I am also not sure about this one but the optical drive is IDE Philips - TBC.

The original disc works with no problems on my work PC

Thanks
      mrtn

Comment

Hi

I have checked my works PC and the details are as follows:

Philips DVD+-RW DVD8881, it says something about IDE but I am not 100% sure

the chipset's as mentioned before

Do you reckon it's got something to do with the fact that my laptop's drive is S-ATA and the PC IDE?

Thanks
        mrtn

Comment

Try to cloak your devices/controllers with YASU 1.4,
          OR deactivate your optical drive in device manager (if drive doesn't share channel with other devices then deactivate whole controller it's connected to).

From what i've read DVD8881 is S-ATA.
          What's your SATA-IDE Configuration set to in BIOS ?

P.S.: After a failed start attempt reboot system as even the original might not work after a failed attempt
          I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Working...
          X