Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better ISZ support..

As you all know ISZ support recently came to Daemon Tools,

What is ISZ? It is a compressed ISO format, for uncompressed ISOs (not like games or pictures where content is already compressed) it could gain you around a few MBs to a GB.

Anyway we could create this format via UltraISO.. I want to address some issues.. Mostly about multi-disk images:

- Multi disk images contains .ISZ, .I01, .I02 and etc..
    - When you mount a .ISZ Daemon Tools must search for any other files with .I01 and so on.. And if available it must think them as one file... Currently DT only mounts .ISZ and ignores .I01 and etc, so mounted image appears whole at first glance but data is corrupted (cut). If DT could merge them when processing files it would be great.
    - While merging could it be possible to merge them from different locations? Is it possible to detect if there are other .IXX files after first .ISZ file? If it is and it isn't found in the same location is it possible to select next archive from different location by asking where it is? This way it would be possible to merge a two disk DVD9 image from different DVD5 medias (from two DVD drives of course, or from disk ) on one virtual disk.

If it will require merging on the go in memory or something then forget about all I said

Your assumption is wrong. DT fully supports split ISZ files and mounts them automatically.
    If you have such problem then please give more details about your image so we can reproduce this.

Comment

Ok, first I created ISO image from Command & Conquer 3 (not expansion, first one) , then using Ultraiso split the ISO image to .ISZ and .I01 making it fit into two DVD5. Then I mounted .ISZ file and tried installing the game. BTW, when I was installing .ISZ and .I01 was still in same directory on HDD, not separated yet. When it's about %60-70 installation gave an error and wanted disc 2 containing some file. I retried but it didn't accept.. Then I extracted .ISO from .ISZ file then mounted again in same drive then retried (I didn't close installation process when I extracted the .ISO).. This time installation completed successfully.

I did all of this with DT 4.30.1

Comment

Guy, you split the ISZ onto two separate discs. Of course DT can't mount two discs at once if only one of them is in the drive. It's possible to create a working two-disc installer for most backups. Search the forums on a site like GCW; I'm sure you'll find something good.

Comment

BTW, when I was installing .ISZ and .I01 was still in same directory on HDD, not separated yet.
          Did you really read the full post?

Comment

Working...
          X