sims2doubledeluxe problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sims2doubledeluxe problem

Hi all, having a problem. I purchased the sims 2 double deluxe for my wife for her birthday (walmart edition with nightlife and freetime expansion packs). I have tried creating the image with blindwrite 6 and alcohol120% using dpm. Neither appears to create a copy that will work. When I mount the image in DT4.30.1 lite and try to run it I get the"please insert the original disc instead of a backup (1000)" message and an "ok" button at the bottom. I've tried following threads here, and tried different combinations of emulation switches on DTlite to no avail. Does anyone else know of a workaround for this game? I have a 2 year old that likes to push buttons and has a tendancy to remove DVD's and CD's from my computer drive
    Thanks for your help in advance.

Recreate your image with New SecuROM profile and try different DPM speeds in Alcohol.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

sorry, had lots to do lately. I've tried everything I can think of. Blindwrite has no control over settings, so there's not much help there, and when I put the sims2doubledeluxe in my drive, alcohol120% takes away the data type options. I can't see how to select new securerom. When I back up a regular cd (my halo for instance) it gives me those data options. Does it matter that it's on DVD? 'cause battlefield went just fine. I'm at a loss as to how to get a workable image. Everytime I mount an image of this game, It warns me to put in the original disc. Any other ideas are appreciated. Just hate to have my son ruin the disc and have to buy my wife a new one.

Comment

Install latest Alcohol version - then you will have data types
        Peace Through Power

Comment

I installed it, chose securom, and it failed after about an hour. some irrepairable error of indeterminate nature. I know my drive can do it, I backed up my battlefield 2142 disc and it works great, just can't seem to get sims2doubledeluxe to work. Always gives me the "insert original".

Comment

Please try DAEMON Tools Pro instead.

BTW which optical drive you have tried?
            Last edited by Blazkowicz; 04.09.2008, 17:19.
            Peace Through Power

Comment

Sorry it takes a while to get back, lots of work to do, don't always get back on. I'm using a pioneer dvr-111d. I'll try tools pro in the morning, but do you mean to copy or to run? I'm going to assume you mean to run it. Thanks for the help, I'll get back to this thread soon.

Comment

Working...
              X