DAEMON Tools Lite v4.30.1 completely broke windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAEMON Tools Lite v4.30.1 completely broke windows

After completing a brand new install of Windows XP Pro Media Center Edition I downloaded and installed the latest Daemon Tools (DAEMON Tools Lite v4.30.1). The installation asked me to reboot the computer and I clicked ok. When the system booted up again, I saw the windows loading screen as usual and then I saw my desktop with the start menu and everything as normal. However this was only for a couple of seconds, after that, my monitor went nuts and all I saw was a distorted blur of colours that may have come from my desktop. This image looked like it was something wrong with the video drivers and the image was not being sent properly or in a wrong format. After unplugging the monitor and replugging it in, it was not getting a proper image. I had to hard boot my computer by holding down the power button as my computer was not responding to the keyboard or mouse. This was only fixed after using my Windows XP cd to recover my windows installation. After I recovered my Windows installation and the computer booted up, the daemon tools installer showed up again but I canceled it, and now my computer is working.

At the time of installation I had Windows Xp Professional Media Center Edition installed with service pack 3 and all the updates from microsoft. My graphics driver were the latest for nvidia downloaded from the nvidia website. I use two nvidia 6600 graphics cards in sli. My motherboard is the Asus M2N SLI Deluxe.

I will post any other information about my computer setup if asked.

Advice/explanation much appriciated. Thanks!

Please, contact support team and give the topic's link in your message.
    DAEMON Tools Pro Support Team
    DAEMON Tools online help systems: http://daemon-help.com
    http://daemonpro-help.com

Comment

Working...
    X