Daemon tools RUINING my computer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daemon tools RUINING my computer.

I recently installed daemon tools from this website.
    a) I don't care that there was an option to not install the adware.
    b)it has changed my background into a picture that says "Warning Spyware detected on your computer win32/Privacyremover"
    c) it has disabled me from opening task manager.
    d) it has disabled me from changing my background.

e) The same thing happened to my girlfriend last week and she was forced to reformat her hard drive.

Please help, I can't game unless I can open task manager.

=(
    =(
    =(
    =(

DT doesn't do something what you mentioned from b-d.

I assume you downloaded DT from a bad site - especially a version which is on the web and is containing viruses.

Download from disc-tools.com or from disc-soft.com - these are the official download locations.

Also check out this thread.

To be able to use Task Manager again, do the following:
    Start -> Run -> Regedit -> HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ CurrentVersion\Policies\System
    Set "DisableTaskMgr" to 0

If it won't allow you to open Regedit, use "CMD" instead of "regedit" and type the following:

reg delete HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Pol icies\System /v DisableTaskMgr

For desktop background (you also have to check same location, just "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" instead of "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE":
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion \Policies\ActiveDesktop

Change "NoChangingWallpaper" from "1" to "0".

For cmd:

reg delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion \Policies\ActiveDesktop /v NoChangingWallpaper

For enabling regedit in cmd:

reg delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Policies\System /v DisableRegistryTools
    Last edited by Blazkowicz; 04.09.2008, 15:14.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Working...
    X