Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: daemon410-x86 Zonealarm detected Spyware?

New User

Frage daemon410-x86 Zonealarm detected Spyware?

Hello

I'm currently using daemon410-x86 I installed it and it seemed to work fine.

However after Zonealarm did a spyware scan it picked up a trojan along the lines of win32.downloader something it also mentioned sptd and said its threat rating was medium.

(The description said something about it being a way to let someone on the net know when my pc was online and vunerable)

I promptly nuked it and daemons tools as I suspected wont load anymore, it says:

'initialisation error 0, this program requires at minimum windows 200 with sptd 1.43 or higher, kenrel debugger must be deactivated'

I'm npot accusing the daemon makers as I cannot honestly recall where I got this version from butI wanted to check this to see if its a false positive or if I should grab a more recent version.

if the latter which one should I get? I'm looking for one that just lets me have one virtual drive like the current one does with no frills or anything just a basic Vdrive emulator.

Thanks to any who reply

GERMAN TRANSLATOR

No spyware included in DT alone, false positive.
    Also use latest version and not such outdated version.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

New User

So which version would be like that one I'm currently using?

I just want a basic standalone Virtual Drive not multiples just one for when I reinstall my software ( I Iso'd all my office progams to save disc swapping)

Master

If you don't need IDE virtual drive and Image Editor, try to use DAEMON Tools Lite 4.30.4 (Downloads :: DAEMON-Tools.cc). More info you can find here.