Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't install Daemon tools, an older version of daemon tools lite detected?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't install Daemon tools, an older version of daemon tools lite detected?

Hello. Due to some problem in my WinXP, I had it repair from my XP CD.
    After that my Daemon tools4.30.1 seems to crash down, so I uninstalled it. Now I downloaded a DAEMON tools lite 4.30.1 and try to install it, but it says "An older version of DAEMON Tools Lite was detected. Please remove it manually then rerun this setup."

I uninstall my previous daemon tools completely, including deleting all the daemon files manually and trash them all into recycle bin and wash away, but the problem still persist.

What is the problem and how can I fix this?
    Great Thanks!

Do you know which version was installed? Ensure you e.g. delete dtscsi.sys in Windows\System32\Drivers directory in case it was rather obsolete v4.0x version.
    You did delete the entire Daemon Tools installation folder in Program Files directory?
    Then open registry editor (run regedit), go to
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\sptd and change the value "Start" to 4 (i.e. disabled), reboot, after reboot enable all permissions of sptd/cfd key, then delete the entire sptd key, and reboot again. Then re-install latest Daemon Tools version.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Thanks Copytrooper!

I tried what you suggested, but it still can't work.

I even have my WindowsXP repaired with a WinXP CD, and now it turns out the same.

PS: I am trying to install Daemon tools lite version 4.30.1

Comment

I have is solved.

First, I downloaded an older version of DT (4.09 if I am not mistaken), then I installed it, ans it ask me whether do I want to uninstall it, so I click uninstall, after this I tried to install my DT lite latest version, and it works.

Ps : the problem, I think, is there are still some residue files that is left somewhere in my computer which is hard to be found, so this is the problem DT keep detects it and said I still have my older version in my PC.

THANKS ANYWAY!

Comment

Working...
        X