Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems mounting images on Win2000

Hello everybody,

i have a small, but nonetheless irritating problem with the latest DT Lite (4.30.1, but the problem also accurs when using DT Lite 4.30.0):

The Bug: It is not possible to mount an image that is stored within a (sub-)directory on harddisc. DT Lite refuses to mount the image with the error-message "Unable to mount image. File not accessible.".

Workaround: There are only two possibilities i came across to get DT Lite to load the image: first is to copy or to move the image to the root-directory (that is C:, D:, E:, etc.) of the harddisc, an second to use the subst-command to create a virutal drive being connected to a directory. But both possibilities are some kind of inconvenient to use, or at least a bit time-consuming.

OS: I am using Windows 2000 SP4, fully updated, last update (OS and driver) was done about a week ago.

DT Version: It seems to be related to the current 4.30.x versions. 4.12.x and before is running without any problems (but seems to have difficulties with some images, according to the changelog).

Burning-Software: I am using ImgBurn for creating discs and images; for testing purposes i created an iso containing nothing but some drivers.

Security: Sunbelt Personnal Firewall, Avira Antivir Free

Hardware: AMD Athlon XP 3200+ (Socket A), Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe (nForce 2 Ultra 400 + nForce MCP-T *without* nVidia ATA Driver, Silicon Image 3112 SATA onboard; Realtek Sound disabled), 2x 1 GB Kingston ValueRAM, GeForce 6800, Creative SB Live, Plextor PX-130, Plextor PX 716A, Samsung SP1614C, Seagate Barracuda 7200.10

I am posting this report, because DT Lite 4.30.1 is about being three months old, and in the past it seemed to me that critical bugs were to be fixed within weeks. And in the meantime, there were realesed a few versions of DT Pro, but the corresponding changelogs did not list some kind of bugfixing with Windows 2000.

I already did some searching in the forum and found this thread which mentioned the same problem, as it seems, but the threadstarter did not respond the what-about-creating-the-image-yourself-hint, for whatever reasons ...

Greetings,
    LT

Known issue - should be fixed in next DT Lite version.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

I'm glad to hear that there's already some work going on concerning that issue. And i'm sorry for bugging you due to my improper search on the forum.

Comment

Working...
      X