• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't clone an Unknown protection CD

Hi all
    I have a plextor DVD-RW Px-755SA.
    I'm trying to copy my CDs application.
    I scanned it with all scanners and no protection found...

the CD protection of an application that comes with 2 CDs
    1 CD is the install of the application that have no protection the 2nd CD is the DB of the application.
    in the protected CD there are 3 files with a XXX extension in root:

file00.xxx - 563,438 KB
    file08.xxx - 850 KB
    file09.xxx - 3KB

there is 2 more folders

MA folder files:
    file08.MA - 1,054 KB
    file09.MA - 36 KB

YZ folder files:
    file08.yz - 361KB
    file09.yz - 11KB

i saw that in CD freaks forums it was also an issue with somthing that seems to be the same protection :
    hxxp://club.cdfreaks.com/f18/defekte-sektoren-ab-316687-a-72880/

i have try to image the CD with all application (blind write , CloneCD , game jackel , Alcohol with all profiles also DPM) and when i try to run the images the application of the recognize that it's not the original CD (used latest Daemon tools and Alchol)

I have run Olly with BP on ControlIoDevice and found out that header :
    CD001 GEAR CD/DVD PREMASTERING GEAR SOFTWARE 200703201349480020070320134948001983032013032200 2007032013032200

so now i know what was the app that they use for PREMASTERING but still i can't find why the image is diffrent from the original CD...

can any one help me to how can i make a good clone of my CDs ?

that header just looks like a normal header from sector 16...
    the premastering thing is just a label, nero images have nero in there etc.. its NOT an indication of what protection may be present on the disk...
    my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

@labba
      If there are many defective sectors at the end of the media you maybe would succeed creating an image using another drive. Or maybe try using Alcohol's A.S.S. option with different Jump Factor settings.

And have you already tried how it acts when app was installed with the images ?
      Maybe it's just hotwired to the install-drive.

btw. i thought you've already found your solution at another Forum
      I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

i havn't found a solution for the cloning (only for reversing the protection and build my own emulation but this is cracking.. )
        i will try the alcohol option and will let you know if it worked.

Comment

Working...
        X