Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't activate my DT 4 PRO Advanced Trial.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i installed the trial version 2 (or 3 ?) days ago, but reinstalled it again , so i could install it in another location (i don't like installing programs etc on my windows partition). Anyway, It tells me my evaluation period has expired ?

i wonder what kinda system you using there :/

Comment

Revoke your hardware key and try again.
      I see your trial license is valid until some day in November, so that message shouldn't be displayed.

Ensure you have full access to the internet and also the Setup.
      Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
      Peace Through Power

Comment

Well I just had an entertaining few minutes. I read the entire EULA that is presented upon installation. No where in that document (or in the rest of the installation) does it state that a valid e-mail address is required for activation, or that the software was going to create an account on a remote website without my authorization. As I've stated before, I would have used a valid email address the first time around had I known that this was the case.

Having a lot of training and experience in customer service, I cannot understand what the hesitation is for solving customer problems. This seems like a pretty easy fix; just deleting a few accounts so that we can continue on the process of evaluating the software.

I read the announcement made yesterday, and obviously someone is not happy that we didn't use a real email address the first time. Have none of you (admins, moderators) used a fake email address in an attempt to prevent spam and/or advertising emails?

So what is the real problem? Are we really not going to get any support?

Comment

how do i revoke it ? (i checked on my disc.soft.com account, but only see "cancel" , or is that it ?

Comment

meh, guess i wont be able to use the trial anytime soon ...

Comment

Other then Blazkowicz, I have recieve NO help either. I gave up looking for help here. Here are the rest of my e-mails with DT tech support. (the order here is reversed. last e-mails came 1st.)

-----------------
              On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 17:54:20 +0100 (BST)
              > Visitor <eashadowstar@hotmail.com> wrote:
              >
              > > Hiya, big fan of you DT light and wanted to try advanced pro. I downloaded the trial but keep getting an "illegal purchase" error then directed here. The system I am trying to install this on is Vista 32 bit OS. The Strange thing is I was about to install and use the trial fine on a Win XP system.(using the same install file.) Can you please assist me in geting my DT Pro Advanced trial too activate properly.
              > >
              -------------------
              Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 21:50:38 +0300
              > From: tech@disc-soft.com
              > To: eashadowstar@hotmail.com
              > Subject: Re: Copy of Disc-Soft.com Message from <eashadowstar@hotmail.com> to support@daemon-tools.cc: can't activate DT Pro advanced trial
              >
              > Dear Sir,
              >
              > The reason is that you're trying to activate DT Pro Trial for your system while it has been already activated for another user (e-mail) on the same PC/OS.
              >

> --
              > Sincerely,
              > Tech Support
              ------------------------------------

----- Original Message -----
              To: support-eml@disc-soft.com
              Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2008 10:17 PM
              Subject: RE: Copy of Disc-Soft.com Message from <eashadowstar@hotmail.com> to support@daemon-tools.cc: can't activate DT Pro advanced trial

Thank you for the fast response. I am sure as to how this has occurred. I've been using CT light for some time now, it replacing older DT free versions. Today was the first time I attempted to install this product. This e-mail, eashadowstar@hotmail.com is the one I used to register on disk-soft.com, and is the one I attempted to use in activation. On a later attempt i was successful in activating the "normal version". I uninstalled this realizing my error. Perhaps this is how i messed things up. Reguardless is there a means got getting the trial or a purchased version of the DT 4 Pro advanced installed proper?

Thanks for your time.

-------------
              Hello Chris
              As we can see from our data, you have successfully activated DTPro Advanced 4.30.0303 Evaluation version for your e-mail address eashadowstar@hotmail.com

Best regards
              DAEMON Tools Support Team

------------

I do not doubt you do see that. Being that I have a open trial license for the next 9-8 days and can't successful install the program, I was hoping that I would get some useful info on how to fix the problem on my end. If you can not or will not help me with this please say so now and I can stop wasting both of our time. Sir, I have a genuine interest and need for a functioning vIDE software. Your product is a good one and I do not mind paying for a decent product. But lets be honest, there are other means to get it a fully activated and working DT pro advanced, I would prefer to do things proper like. Can you help me get this trial working or no?

Thanks
              Chris

-------------------------

I received no reply. go figure.

Anyways I got things to work by going to a system restore point before I tried to to activate the trial. Needless to say they won't be getting my $60 a year, not because I don't like the product, cause I do and it works well. Its because my BS tolerance was surpassed. I can only assume they believe I was attempting to pirate their software. I find it Ironic that I got superior tech support regarding this product from the "pirates" then I could get here. Way to go DT support.

-CStarr

Comment

so lets see :

I can't properly INSTALL the software (yet it installs anyway)

I can't properly UNINSTALL the software (it simply refuses)

I can't properly RUN the software (it launches yet it can't be used)

It DOES KEEP starting a process all the time even if not running (Dtproshell something)

Nobody seems to care to help, nobody gives a damn anyway, so i sure as hell won't buy a product that is this invasive, with this lack of support or care.

Comment

About eashadowstar#at#hotmail.com
                  As we can see from our data, there were attempts to activate DTPro Trial from the same PC using 6 (six) different e-mail addresses.
                  In case, you have activated DTPro Trial on your PC with the one of your e-mail addresses, it means you will not be able to activate trial version on the same PC with another one.
                  Welcome to the dark side, my dear padavan. We have cookies

Comment

To Support 2. I freely admit to trying many times to get the trial working, as I am sure many other have as well. My question still is how would you get things working properly after the first failed attempt? No one from DT support has tried to answer that. So what I used 6, 12 or 1000 different e-mails? How does that effect that I could not get it activated on my end. No where in your ELUA doesn't it sate anything about e-mail address. Some folks don't give their e-mail out freely I certainly will not especially without a agreement regarding not sharing my info with others, which your install does not have. Think about it.

Can you offer support regarding my former problem? Others certainly have had the same issue judging by the news item on your main page.

I asked before about if you can't or won't help with the issue, the answer still appears to be won't. And that sir is why you fail.

Comment

CSTarr: If you insult the support staff, I'm sure they're not going to give any support to you.

However, it may be a moot point due to the lack of support we're getting anyway. Obviously they're choosing not to support us since we didn't use a legitimate email the first time around. No matter that there wasn't any notification saying that a valid email address was needed for trial activation, or further that we would receive no support if we didn't use a valid email the first time around. No matter that we used valid emails the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th time around. One strike and you're out!

Comment

answer is quite simple:

do not enter FAKE emails....

Comment

Alco:

The answer isn't quite that simple. If that were the case, the subsequent registrations using valid emails would have done the trick.

The problem is that there's no way to undo the first registration. And until that happens, we will continue to get the message that "Software has already been activated from this PC/OS". I have asked 3 or 4 times now to have all accounts associated with my IP/Hardware to be deleted, then I could proceed with registration using a valid email.

Any other (non-condescending) support you can give us?

Thanks

Comment

Originally Posted by Alco View Post
                            answer is quite simple:

i just want to clarify this for myself. by fake you mean non existent addresses ?? ie: gj4g5jg4j54j545g4jg5j4@hdfhkh4k3hk4h.com
                            rather then free webmails or such ??

Comment

Originally Posted by Alco View Post
                              answer is quite simple:

MY
                              answer is quite simple:

no try ... no buy !

like others described before: there was no hint what will happen when using a fake email. i used a fake email too by installing the trail for the 1st time and replyed with error that the email (no@no.com) is used by an other pc. with my 2nd try to install with "real" email i get the error that this software is allready registred with an other email for this machine.
                              please understand users they ALWAYS use a fake email.
                              what will happen when entering "real" email is showing me my "real fake" account i'm using for registering with software or webforums (like yours). this account is flooded with 2-3 tousend email/month.
                              if you want to keep your serious image, the only thing you can do is to reset all non-activated trail-accounts or remove them after failed activation.

Best regards
                              ZC

Comment

i didn't use a fake email adress ... i actually tried 2 of my real ones. Yet i get no help or support at all ... try that shoe for size (rofl)

Comment

Working...
                                X