No announcement yet.

Mark of Chaos: Battle March Safedisc 4.85

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange - i and many users can have their real drive connected and it is working.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Is there anyway to get around having to unhook my real optical drive?

Comment

Originally Posted by KainofNosgoth View Post
        Is there anyway to get around having to unhook my real optical drive?
        Depending on your hardware some or none of the following methods might work:

- deactivate the IDE channel your optical drive is attached to in BIOS
        - deactivate your optical IDE drive with Starforce Nightmare 1.12 (some info in this thread)
        - deactivate your optical IDE drive or the IDE channel your optical drive is attached to in device manager
        - try YASU

After every failed attempt reboot and try again.
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
          Depending on your hardware some or none of the following methods might work:

- deactivate the IDE channel your optical drive is attached to in BIOS
          - deactivate your optical IDE drive with Starforce Nightmare 1.12 (some info in this thread)
          - deactivate your optical IDE drive or the IDE channel your optical drive is attached to in device manager
          - try YASU

After every failed attempt reboot and try again.
          I tried all of the above methods but none of them worked! Are there any other ways? Am I stuck to buying an external DVD drive???

Comment

Or a case to turn your internal DVD drive into an external. I did just that a few years back, haven't had an internal drive since. Of course, back then it was a lot more common to have to unplug your DVD drives, and I just never bothered to put them back in.

Comment

Do you know if a new YASU is coming out or if Alcohol 120 will be able to handle the new Safedisc protections anytime soon?

Comment

I moved the non-related posts of this thread to Drive suggestion - Page 2 - THE DAEMONS HOME
                Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
                Peace Through Power

Comment

Working...
                X