fallout 3 ==> setup.exe securom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fallout 3 ==> setup.exe securom

i tried searching for that thread that was talking about the few games that in the past used to protect the installer (usually the setup.exe or similar) and was going to post this in there. since the search using the words i tried did not produce any results, i've decided to make a new post.

fallout 3 from bethesda is such a game. the setup is securom protected. anyway th

what about the game itself? does it require the disc to be in the drive?

Comment

hmm, from what i saw, the launcher (falloutlauncher.exe) was protected (at least, on the starforced version).. not the actual setup.exe itself...
      my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

From what i heard, it is infact "falloutlauncher.exe" that has the SecuROM protection on it (as evlncrn8 said above).

"falloutlauncher.exe" is most likely autorun by the "autorun.inf" file on the disc.
        Have you tried installing the game manually (without the pretty little autorun menu) using the "setup.exe" (or similar, i don't have the game so have no idea what it's called) on the disc.
        Mail:
        curerom @ daemon-tools.cc

Comment

oh, "sorry" that i didn't mention that the SPECIFIC file was the launcher instead of setup. anyone that has the original disc and is interested in the matter knows what file is what. and if somebody needs specific file info then that's another story.

i made the post to inform that this is one of those rare games that protects things even before the game is installed... (actually i deliberately said setup.exe anyway to prepare for google searches. know what i mean ???)

Comment

Working...
          X