Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Images won't work on RAID array.

Default Images won't work on RAID array.

I just copied 100 gigs of images over to a partition on my new RAID 0 array (2 300G Velociraptors & a Highpoint Rocketraid 3510 controller) and now when I try to mount any of these images it says "invalid image file."

I copied some .isos back to a single drive to test and the same error message occoured. So unless I find a solution, I just lost 100 gigs of images.

GERMAN TRANSLATOR

Tell us your Windows and DAEMON Tools version please.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Quote Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
    Tell us your Windows and DAEMON Tools version please.
    Sure, I'm using 32 bit XP PRO SP 3 and 4.30.1 lite.

I was copying from a sata drive to the raid drives.

GERMAN TRANSLATOR

Does the mounting works as it should on a non-raid drive on that computer?
    Have you also tried mdf/mds images on your pc?

Have to ask a friend if he is using RAID 0 or 1 - it is working perfectly for him, just don't know his RAID type.
    Peace Through Power

Quote Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
    Does the mounting works as it should on a non-raid drive on that computer?
    Have you also tried mdf/mds images on your pc?

Have to ask a friend if he is using RAID 0 or 1 - it is working perfectly for him, just don't know his RAID type.
    iso's work fine everywhere else but on the raid. I had my games all inside folders with the images and relevant files. zips or exe's etc. Everything works but the images. It's super effed up. I don't see how a file transfer from one drive to another (raid) could be so selective as to corrupt only images. Unless maybe it's because they are larger.

I have a vista install as well and tried from there...still would not work.

OK, it seems that Dtools by itself works fine with these images, but using awxDTools to mount anything on the RAID array gives me a bad image error.

Is there a decent 3rd party context menu mounter for Dtools aside from awxDTools? Why hasn't something like that been integrated already? The present shell integration is terrible.

GERMAN TRANSLATOR

Why are the current shell integration terrible? Works perfectly as it should (the one from DT direct).
    Peace Through Power

No it doesn't. If I right click on an image and mount it using the default Dtools context menu, it always puts it into the first drive available, regardless of whether I tell it to do so.

In fact, there is no option that I have using dtools lite that lets me choose any drive at all.

When I used awxDTools in the past, it gave me multiple options to mount or dismount drives when I right clicked images.

mount/dismount-> drive x/y/z etc.