Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DTPro 4.303 Trial - vide not working after adding new drive

Hello,

I'm on the trial for DT Pro 4.303 and the vIDE has been working great, but when I added a new vIDE drive yesterday they don't work anymore? I have a few securom backup images that used to work, but now it says "please insert correct dvd" ......

Any idea what could be causing this specifically? Anyone experienced this before?

Ensure in My Computer they are mounted (you should see the disk).
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Yes, they appear under My Computers. The autorun and setup works but when I run the game it complained "please insert disc".

Do I have to remove some hidden Securum services/files to fix this?

Comment

I also noticed that on DTPro main screen, usually the list of virtual drives at the bottom .... the vIDE icon had the lightning/daemon logo on it ... after I added another one it's just a icon of a drive+disc ...

Comment

I've dug up the old YASU and the game now works so it looks to be a vIDE emulation issue ... the securom is detecting the drives as virtual ones and not physical.

Comment

And what is the game and exact SecuROM version?
            Peace Through Power

Comment

Ok, this is really weird ... after I put YASU.exe on the DTpro install folder ..vIDE works fine now :O

The games I tried are ..
              Medieval 2 Total war
              Call of Duty 4

Comment

Sorry for the doublepost .. what's the current app to identify game protection? I still had Aray but this is a dinousaur ... protectionID still the up-todate one?

Comment

Protection ID. Copy-Discovery 2000 is also good. You can also give protectionforce a shot.

Both games are using SafeDisc and not SecuROM.
                  Last edited by Blazkowicz; 09.11.2008, 13:07.
                  Peace Through Power

Comment

Working...
                  X