DT killed my CD Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT killed my CD Drive

I installed DT 4.10 and after restarting it killed my CD drive. It`s gone in windows or total commander it isnt anywhere.

I can select it under hardware but I can`t install a new driver for it or anything else. What had happen?!

I don`t want to reinstall my XP version!!!

Is this bug known? I happend a year ago to me then I had to reinstall win XP.

First, DT doesn't kill anything.
    Second, you installed an outdated version.

Visit http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/f26/...s-missing-440/
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Hi thank you for the fast reply but it`s a bit difficult for me cause I`m not so good in english and don`t have so much experience in computer stuff

Is there a "german" guide? Wpoould be better if it`s possible

Comment

German version of the Microsoft link:
        Nach dem Entfernen eines CD- oder DVD-Aufnahmeprogramms ist der Zugriff auf das CD- oder DVD-Laufwerk nicht mehr möglich oder Ihnen wird in Windows XP eine Fehlermeldung angezeigt: "Fehlercode 31"
        Peace Through Power

Comment

Hey it worked for me, never thought about this possibility, thanks for this nice support!

Comment

Glad it worked out for you.
            Peace Through Power

Comment

Also, be sure you arenґt running Starforce or Securom games. Those are the ones who kill CD drives.....

Comment

Only old StarForce version could harm the drives - SecuROM not.
                Peace Through Power

Comment

As far as I know this is the solution to the DMA/Stepdown issue that happens in BOTH Starforce and Securom diskchecks: SecuROM

Why you say new Starforce canґt harm the drives?

Comment

Old StarForce versions sent commands directly to the drives - even when the disk is somewhere else inserted.

Also i haven't heard of a case in which a new StarForce version harmed the optical drives.
                    Peace Through Power

Comment

What forbids Starforce team to do it now that Starforce can no longer be legally reverse engineered?

Comment

Originally Posted by Sblade View Post
                        Also, be sure you arenґt running Starforce or Securom games. Those are the ones who kill CD drives.....
                        proof?... if this were true then at least one of those companies would have been sued... they have not.. if you had concrete proof against either then it'd be a different story...

currently all you've done is boosted your popularity online, citing inaccurate information and claiming to be a crusader... all very noble, if infact you approached things scientifically and provided proof... instead its conjecture and theory, and applying 'information' (usually inaccurate) and applying this to your own.. surely you can see the probability of inaccuracy and mistakes increases because of this?

infact, didn't starforce (a few years ago) do some 'competition' they if you could prove they damaged your hardware they gave you $$$.... ?
                        my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

Securom has 4 Class Action lawsuits... 3 of them being Global...

http://www.courthousenews.com/2008/09/23/spore.pdf GLOBAL

http://www.courthousenews.com/2008/10/08/MassEffect.pdf GLOBAL

Spore Creature Creator spanked.

Eldridge v. Electronic Arts, Inc. Document 1 - :: Justia Docs

Girard Libbs has been filled

Cortez v. Electronic Arts, Inc. Document 1 - :: Justia Docs

About my possible inaccuracies, I wasn´t looking for your opinion but for LocutusBorg ones. About the competition, Dennis Zhirkov refused to do any challenge outside of Russia.... why?
                          Last edited by Blazkowicz; 09.11.2008, 20:04.

Comment

i didn't ask about the class action law suits as proof, i asked for the proof of protections killing cd/dvd drives (as the thread suggests)...

as for looking for opinions... you posted on a public thread so thats bullshit right there... if you didn't want to be public, then why not do a private message instead?....

the challenge outside of russia? nothing in my source says it wasnt limited by country, just that if you were outside of russia you paid your own way.... dropping names doesn't make you look big or clever either...

source : Techdirt: Copy Protection Provider Tries Publicity Stunt To Show It's Safe
                            my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

I can see you have an agenda here. In your first post you state the fact that none of those companies have been sued... I just pointed that to be false...

About the Private Messenger, no way for newbies until they have 20 posts....

As for the challenge.. Starforce technologies refused to go anyplace that wonґt be Moscow... 13thHouR and SC invited them to both USA and UK....

Why they didnґt show?

About the option of going to Moscow... well prove it and make it out of Russia alive... if you can.

Thread suggest that DT kills DVD drive. I replied the OP. About the proof of the killing DVD drives, well damaging will be the most accurate answer....

And if you want to see true documented proof come to California to see the lawsuits.... Would you think I would be that fool to post here if I had conclusive data?

Comment

Working...
                              X