Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 79

Thread: SPTD 1.60 supports all versions of Windows 7

Frage SPTD 1.60 supports all versions of Windows 7

Hello DAEMON Tools friends,

currently I'm using Windows 7 Beta 6801 x64. When I try to setup DAEMON Tools Lite v4.30.1 x64, it always trys to install the SPTD driver and wants a reboot afterwards. Than this progress starts again and again, but it won't let me install DAEMON Tools. So I red some articels in this board and downloaded the SPTD standalone driver. But it's still the same problem. Did any of you get DAEMON Tools running on Windows 7 or can any help me by solving my problem?

Regards,
    Protecus

GERMAN TRANSLATOR

Beta operating systems aren't supported.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Ausrufezeichen Support for windows seven...

Hello!

I want to tell about one problem:
    on windows 7SEVEN Build 6801 32 Bit the program is not set, please do support.

Thank you.

There won't be support for OS in early beta stage.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

While that was a good argument for vista when it was in beta not so much for windows 7 as of right now at this moment its as stable as it will be when it goes gold also im sure the problem is easily fixable because 99.9% of all software and drivers that work on vista work on windows 7 perfectly.

Experienced User

Protecus
    Try to install SPTD separately, and remeber to run it as administrator; Then you can get your DT installed.

And is this not too early to start using Win7 as it's still in beta stage?

Normally i would say yes but the public beta comes out in early jan. so why not start on fixing it now?

Also unlike the vista alpha/betas windows 7 is more stable than vista itself they did a really good job on it.

GERMAN TRANSLATOR

There are much more important tasks to do instead of adding support for a beta product.
    Peace Through Power

Quote Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
    There are much more important tasks to do instead of adding support for a beta product.
    I think you will find that Daemon Tools Dev, Just like Alcohol Dev, are presently in communication with Microsoft concerning Windows 7 builds for application compatibility testing, so i doubt it will be long before both softwares are supported.

However as we found with Vista Beta versions we could have no problem with one Beta then MS would release a new Beta that would cause problems that woudl need to be resolved, so its pointless wasting too much time supporting Beta versions untill the final Beta is available prior to public version.

GERMAN TRANSLATOR

I am aware of that case phoenix.
    Peace Through Power

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast