Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPTD 1.60 supports all versions of Windows 7

Hello DAEMON Tools friends,

currently I'm using Windows 7 Beta 6801 x64. When I try to setup DAEMON Tools Lite v4.30.1 x64, it always trys to install the SPTD driver and wants a reboot afterwards. Than this progress starts again and again, but it won't let me install DAEMON Tools. So I red some articels in this board and downloaded the SPTD standalone driver. But it's still the same problem. Did any of you get DAEMON Tools running on Windows 7 or can any help me by solving my problem?

Regards,
    Protecus

Beta operating systems aren't supported.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Support for windows seven...

Hello!

I want to tell about one problem:
      on windows 7SEVEN Build 6801 32 Bit the program is not set, please do support.

Thank you.

Comment

There won't be support for OS in early beta stage.
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

While that was a good argument for vista when it was in beta not so much for windows 7 as of right now at this moment its as stable as it will be when it goes gold also im sure the problem is easily fixable because 99.9% of all software and drivers that work on vista work on windows 7 perfectly.

Comment

Protecus
            Try to install SPTD separately, and remeber to run it as administrator; Then you can get your DT installed.

And is this not too early to start using Win7 as it's still in beta stage?

Comment

Normally i would say yes but the public beta comes out in early jan. so why not start on fixing it now?

Also unlike the vista alpha/betas windows 7 is more stable than vista itself they did a really good job on it.

Comment

There are much more important tasks to do instead of adding support for a beta product.
                Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
                  There are much more important tasks to do instead of adding support for a beta product.
                  I think you will find that Daemon Tools Dev, Just like Alcohol Dev, are presently in communication with Microsoft concerning Windows 7 builds for application compatibility testing, so i doubt it will be long before both softwares are supported.

However as we found with Vista Beta versions we could have no problem with one Beta then MS would release a new Beta that would cause problems that woudl need to be resolved, so its pointless wasting too much time supporting Beta versions untill the final Beta is available prior to public version.

Comment

I am aware of that case phoenix.
                    Peace Through Power

Comment

How about considering support now, after a public beta to more than 2.5 million systems?

Comment

Tried to install DT Lite v4.30.3 on Windows 7 beta1 x86. It tries to install SPTD at every restart. tried to install SPTD separately, same result. OS reported incompatible application.
                        Runing as Administrator.

Comment

Why would they consider support now, just because the beta is public? There's still a number of changes MS could make to the beta version before it's final, requiring additional work on the part of DTools and Duplex Secure. I understand playing with new betas and desiring to have all your old software working in the new beta OS, but when you're dealing with a small development team, tradeoffs must be made. One of those tradeoffs is that development time must be spent wisely, and wasting time developing software for a beta OS is not spending it wisely.

Comment

I'm not sure you guys get it unlike vista windows 7 doesn't have a huge amount of changes it isn't even a new kernel it works virtually the same as vista not much if anything will be changing from this beta forward only bug fixes which there doesn't seem to be a lot of. If there going to support windows 7 now would be the time to start working on it.

Comment

Phoenix and Jito have clearly mentioned the reasons from the developers' point of view, so I should like to supplement from the users' point of view.

Persoanlly I think it is also a big waste of time and effort for users to put all the existing programmes, which are not designed for future unknown operating systems, to work with new beta operating systems.

After inputing so much time and effort to make programmes to work for a current particular beta version, the programmes are likely incompatible for the next beta version, so what is the point of doing so?

Put this idea even to a public release formal version:
                              Let us say that Windows 7 final version were release today, but Microsoft declared that it would last for one month, and Windows 8 would be released next month, would you try to make programmes work with Windows 7 then? Or would you just wait for Windows 8?

Comment

Working...
                              X