Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great! It's absolutely harmless

Comment

Dont know where my last post is, but I found SPTD by now.

However, I am still not able to install DT Lite. I started DT Lite installation (which also installs SPTD 1.58) and it asked me for a reboot which I did. After the reboot DT Lite asked again to install SPTD 1.58 which I confirmed, after which it asked me to reboot again. This loop would continue.

Then, after a reboot I canceled the installation of DT Lite and instead installed SPTD 1.60. After SPTD 1.60 installation it asked me to reboot again, which I did. Then I tried to install DT Lite again but against all expectations it installed SPTD 1.58 again, although SPTD 1.60 should be installed already. I wasn't able to install DT Lite.

Any suggestions?

Update:
      I found the solution by now. The problem was I didnt remove SPTD 1.58 clean before upgrading to Windows 7. If you have the same problem just follow the instructions to cleanly remove SPTD 1.58 from your system, after which you can install SPTD 1.60 and then DT Lite.
      Last edited by TheSorcerer; 23.09.2009, 12:15. Reason: Found solution

Comment

Just to let you know that SPTD Drivers now support windows 7. Try to install SPTD separately, and do not forget to run it as administrator.
        You can download SPTD Driver from here:
        DuplexSecure - Downloads

Windows 7 Help
        Help Windows 7

Comment

Works fine with Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600)

Comment

WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE DAEMON TOOLS ???

i have just upgraded to windows 7 ultimate from windows vista 64bit and this entire thread is bogus. i have spent a good part of the last hour restarting my computer uninstalling, reinstalling everything that was said to no avail.
            Uninstalled everything, ran SPTD 1.62 as administrator, restarted then installed daemon4304-lite.exe after restart. and it STILL TRIES TO INSTALL SPTD 1.58 AND RESTARTS MY COMPUTER AND LOOPS OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN. Is there a fix to this bogus bug or do i need to swap software and use something that is compatible. this whole thread went on and on about not making Daemon tools work because its a beta product. but now windows 7 is still no longer beta, its a full release, and yet Daemon tools still does not work properly??? Maybe if they were giving support in the beta stage, the software would be working by now ???

Off i go to find BETTER? or more COMPATIBLE ?? software.............. very very sad for software that up until this point, has been on top of its game................

Comment

Well, your problem is you did an upgrade while SPTD was running in previous Windows.

Do the following described here and then SPTD 1.62 can be installed correctly.
              Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
              Peace Through Power

Comment

just to let you guys know i am running windows 7 ultimate not beta and i have the same problem.. also windows 7 sucks its like an "upgraded" vista so dont bother with it i say stick to xp

Comment

i take that back about daemon tools it was user error

Comment

hey guys.. i got the same problem

i have windows 7 ultimate 32-bit (6.1 build 7600) and i cant install this deamon tools.it always trys to install the SPTD driver and wants a reboot afterwards. Than this progress starts again and again, but it won't let me install DAEMON Tools. what should i do? pls help..

Comment

DAEMON Tools Professional Help: You must reboot after previous operation and Initialization Error 2

Comment

Using Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. Am trying to install DAEMON Tools Lite with SPTD 1.62. Every time I install, it goes through fine (SPTD installs on its own, cannot uncheck the box on the start of the install) and then after reboot I get:

This program requires at least Windows 2000 with SPTD 1.60 or higher. Kernal Debugger must be disabled.

Please help!

Comment

Download the latest SPTD (currently 1.62) and install it. After restart then it works fine

DuplexSecure - Downloads

I use Windows 7 Ultimate and DT Lite lates version (v4.35.5)

Comment

Originally Posted by ACWN View Post
                            This program requires at least Windows 2000 with SPTD 1.60 or higher. Kernal Debugger must be disabled.

Please help!
                            I had this same problem, but I manage to solve it. In my case problem was F-security real-time scanning.
                            Here is howto solve this withouth turning real-time scanning off if you have f-secure internet security:

1. Open F-secure
                            2. Select settings
                            3. From computer tab select virus and spyware scanning
                            4. Click "open exluded items list"
                            5. Choose objects tab
                            6. Mark excluded objects box if not marked allready
                            7. Click add
                            8. Find DTLite.exe (In my case "C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" )
                            9. Click OK, Ok.

I'm quite sure this also works in f-secure 9 too.

Comment

@Rokk
                              So you are using Version 8 of F-Secure?
                              In Version 9 it is only necessary to disable DeepGuard.
                              Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
                              Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
                                @Rokk
                                So you are using Version 8 of F-Secure?
                                In Version 9 it is only necessary to disable DeepGuard.
                                Sorry my late reply, but as answer to your question, Yes I have version 9 of antivirus. I'm using F-secure internet security 2010. If you follow my earlier instructions you don't need to disable DeepGuard. You can just set DeepGuard to skip DTLite.exe.

Comment

Working...
                                X