Daemon Tools - Finnish language

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daemon Tools - Finnish language

Ok, I see you guys have tried and pretty nice too. Mostly you understand what the sentences try to tell you, but the grammar is very weak and makes it look very untrustable in front of finnish users, rather than helpful

I can help you with finnish translation, free of charge. Please PM me or e-mail me all the sentences you wish to be translated, as well as single words or phrases. But don't attach phrases together assuming they could form logical sentences, based on english grammar.. the grammar here is extremely hard (one of the hardest in the world as far as i know)

And cheers for the Daemon team for excellent program.

Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by wap-dh3 View Post
      I can help you with finnish translation, free of charge. Please PM me or e-mail me all the sentences you wish to be translated, as well as single words or phrases. But don't attach phrases together assuming they could form logical sentences, based on english grammar.. the grammar here is extremely hard (one of the hardest in the world as far as i know)
      I specially asked a person who knows Finnish (as well as four other foreign languages). He says, that Finnish grammar is somewhat unusual, but for German speaker or a Romanic language speaker Finnish is easier than a Russian, for example. So, don't worry about that.

Comment

Hi!
        Nice to hear that someone is using my translation - sad to hear you find it not useful...

Maybe it is good to know, that translating this program from English to Finnish has been interesting yet quite a tricky job because it is not a novell - no artistic freedom...;
        it will remain a compromise between Finnish expressions and original source to (trying to) keep it accurate; the room for the strings is limited, and many terms have to remain in English...

greetings from Pirkanmaa...
        Ludwig

Comment

Working...
        X