Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DT Lite 4.30.2 doesn't longer support Alternate Tray Icons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT Lite 4.30.2 doesn't longer support Alternate Tray Icons?

I've just installed DT Lite 4.30.2, updating a previous version (4.30.1) and I've noticed that has disappeared the Icons folder and seems that not longer exists the option to install a set of alternative tray icons. Is this correct? Or has changed the way of configuration/activation?
    Thanks in advance

Best regards

MarianoL

You could try this. Do a clean install of 4.30.2 and check if problem is gone, if not do the same clean install of 4.30.1 and check differences. Anyway I haven't figured out your issue.

Comment

I think she means C:\Program Files\DT Lite no more "Icons" folder, look likes it was removed. Thanks.

Comment

Originally Posted by Niko76 View Post
        You could try this. Do a clean install of 4.30.2 and check if problem is gone, if not do the same clean install of 4.30.1 and check differences. Anyway I haven't figured out your issue.
        Niko, thanks for your assistance. I think this issue isn't really important, it's just a question because was first thing I saw after upgrade. I did a clean installation of both versions and the behaviour is:

- With DLT 4.30.1, there is a folder named Icons, with the original tray icons set that I can overwrite with an alternate set I have, then I see my icons instead of the original ones;
        - With DLT 4.30.2, it doesn't exist other folder than Lang. BTW, I'm using Vista Ultimate. In AppData/Roaming of my User folder, there are 3 DT folders: DAEMON Tools (seems to be of some versions before Lite, because it has old modification date), DAEMON Tools Lite (with a recent modification date) containing ImageCatalog.XML file, and finally DAEMON Tools Pro (with same modification date as Lite), but empty. No matter where I put alternate icon set or icons folder, DLT always shows same tray icon...

Probably is a design issue, but... I was just wondering... Perhaps only someone from developers team can answer this.
        Anyway, thanks

Regards

Comment

I've reported this issue and soon we will both know if this can be called so or it's a normal thing.

Stay tuned.

Comment

It was compiled into dll format. So I guess u have to change ur favor icons from there. Thanks.

Comment

Originally Posted by Niko76 View Post
              I've reported this issue and soon we will both know if this can be called so or it's a normal thing.

Stay tuned.
              Hi Niko, I'm back, just wondering...
              Is there any news about it? Today I've tried with new version (4.30.3), and is still happening the same...
              Thanks in advance
              Regards

Comment

I'm currently having the same problem...
                The two icons located beneath C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools Lite\Icons (called respectively tray1.ico and tray2.ico) are still here after I just updated to the latest version of Daemon Tools Lite, but it's now the standard default icon that is used in the systray.

These alt. icons can be downloaded on - THE DAEMONS HOME

Comment

No news..?? :-o

Comment

Working...
                  X