Internal Setup Error. Error Code: 256. Contact Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems via Idea Contribution

i have also a problems "Internal Setup Error" when i try to install Daemonlite but i think its works fine in the old version like daemon 408-x86...

The main problem is that most of the users PC are in a very good conditions (maybe some aren't) and Daemon Tools are very sensitive to a virus,trojan or worms.

Conclusions and Main Problems:
    ------------------------------
    We need to find out more specific to our problem. As it can be a conflict software like PowerDVD, Some Kodec Media player etc. What i am trying to say is that these can make problem with installing Daemons.

The main problem for me is that i cannot install Daemon Lite 4303/04

Comment

Hello,

I had the same problem on XP 32 bit, SP3, last updates on SPDT ... tried all the above but no solution.
      Here is my solution ...
      Went in the eventvwr ... 2 months back I started to have CiscoSD errors ... SD = Secure Desktop. Found this bizare as it is a application to connect to company email. I uninstalled it and yes, finally I got my deamon tools working again.
      Hope this helps for all you guys too.
      Goodluck.
      Mckee

Comment

You want more info?
        I'm getting the same problem, and i have attached a screenshot, to reduce chances of confusion.

By Maramros at 2009-12-18

It's not a very detailed error message. Help?

I am running Ubuntu 9.10 and using Wine.

Comment

Wine is not supported.
          Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
          Peace Through Power

Comment

Clean windows XP SP3 install + all updates
            Attached Files

Comment

Deactivate your security software bzium.
              Also post which security software you are using.
              Peace Through Power

Comment

Trying to run DTLite4355-0068.exe

Getting the same error 256 with the title "1" and everything.
                Before trying to reinstall, running DTool was getting an error and trying to uninstall too.

It was working before if I remember correctly. Im on virtualbox but Im not sure its related since many experience the same thing. No antivirus.

Ill use another software, just reporting the problem, in fact, its not new, had that problem for some time now, surprised its still not fixed. ++

Comment

same problem

i get the same error. I have McAfee 8.7 Virusscan enterprise.

i need to have that installed for my other work applications. i wasn't able to run the program, uninstall, reinstall. I manually deleted the files.

a fix is appreciated

Comment

Will try to get that version and will try it later.

Which OS do you have?
                    Peace Through Power

Comment

windows xp sp3

Comment

Just installed McAfee 8.7i Patch 2 Virusscan Enterprise, made the latest updates and no problem on XP SP3 with setup (also when no SPTD is installed at all). Or what settings did you made in McAfee (i selected highest security during setup and also checked all options and enabled everything which has to do with scanning and blocking)

Are you sure not any other security software is installed there? If so, can you give some details about your XP SP3 and all the settings in McAfee?
                        Last edited by Blazkowicz; 05.02.2010, 19:44.
                        Peace Through Power

Comment

i don't know what the problem is then. i deleted my previous install. i still get the internal setup error 256. i just downloaded the daemon lite again.

do you have other ideas regarding what would be interfering with running the setup?

i am not using any other virus scan. i have peer guardian, but i turned that off and nothing changed.

Comment

Send Message :: Disc-Soft.com

They may help you. Also give a link to this thread here.

EDIT: You may try to disable "Access Protection" for testing. I had problems with install (not able to write) when this option was enabled, but no Internal Error.
                            Last edited by Blazkowicz; 05.02.2010, 21:20.
                            Peace Through Power

Comment

Just registered to write this post
                              I had the same problem.
                              I use WinXP Sp-3, fresh install, with Avira Antivirus Free installed, windows firewall and FTPDrive running.

I've never experienced such problems with this software.
                              How i solved it:
                              1. Temporarily disable Antivirus and shut down ftpdrive, and all other unnecessary progs.
                              2. go to Control Panel, double click Windows Firewall icon (i have rus version, dont' know how it really be in english) and DISABLE it.
                              3. Run Installation of Daemon Tools, it goes ok!
                              4. Then reboot PC, and enable back both Antivir and Firewall, if you need them.

Hope this going to be useful for someone with error 256 =)

Comment

Thanks for the report about FTP Drive fureimu, this causes also problems.
                                Last edited by Blazkowicz; 01.04.2010, 19:02.
                                Peace Through Power

Comment

Working...
                                X