This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daemon Tools Pro drive error: -1

Sorry if this was posted before, I searched but could not find the solution.

Daemon was working perfect but now it does not work. When I usually disable all drivers when closing daemon. Now I start daemon and when setting the number of drivers (usually 1), I get a message box saying:

Daemon Tools Pro driver error: -1

No matter what I try, even tried setting more than one driver but I cant seem to get rid the message. So I reinstall daemon tools lite (latest version) but no luck.

Thanks

You are talking about drives and not drivers.

Also your OS and your exact DAEMON Tools version is?
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

The version is DAEMON Tools Lite V. 4.30.2 and its meant to be drives not drivers lol sorry. My OS is vista. Any help?

Comment

Just thought l'd let you know l am also having exactly the same problem:

Daemon Tools: 4.30.2

Comment

Found a solution, this worked for me:

1) Reboot your computer
          2) Press F8 while it's starting up to bring up the boot options (with safe mode etc.).
          2) Scroll down to "disable driver signature enforcement" and press enter.

Comment

Wow thanks it worked!

thanks

Comment

According to this article (How To: Disable Driver Signature Enforcement in Vista, http://www.overclock.net/windows/187...ent-vista.html) if you do this using F8 step, you must do that every time you boot your PC, then they suggest run the following command:

bcdedit -set loadoptions \"DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS"

I did it, and it worked fine for me. In a similar article I saw same command, but a little bit different:

bcdedit /set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

I didn't check this last one...

Well, I hope this could be helpful to everyone that experiences this issue.
              Regards

Comment

how can i do this on xp sp2?

Comment

Check post #5.
                  Peace Through Power

Comment

I am having the same problem, after reading post 5 i tried his method but when pressing F8 i get no disable driver signature enforcement option.

I am running windows xp service pack 3.

Comment

Open boot.ini in c:\ and add the following at the end of your Windows "/EXECUTE"

It should look like this:

[operating systems]
                      multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(2)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Micro soft Windows XP Professional" /FASTDETECT /EXECUTE /USEPMTIMER

Ensure there is no /NOEXECUTE in this file.
                      Peace Through Power

Comment

I get the same error message when trying to set the # of drives except I get an error: -2 instead of -1. Is there a difference? I'm running XP.

Comment

Hi, first post on here,
                          Having same problem but.. my boot.ini has this:

[boot loader]
                          timeout=30
                          default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOW S
                          [operating systems]
                          multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Micro soft Windows XP Home Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

It has no execute, but I'm still getting the error..
                          What needs to be done?

Thanks,
                          bf1

Comment

I'm reading it like this:

The instructions* seemed to say that you need to delete the "/NOEXECUTE" paramater and replace it with "/EXECUTE"

* From previous posting by Blazkowicz
                            Open boot.ini in c:\ and add the following at the end of your Windows "/EXECUTE"
                            [operating systems]
                            multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(2)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Micro soft Windows XP Professional" /FASTDETECT /EXECUTE /USEPMTIMER

Comment

Explain please!

Blazkowicz said

[operating systems]

I tried it but it doesnt work. Should I reboot it????
                              MY OS is XP sp2. And my boot.ini file looks like this
                              [boot loader]
                              timeout=30
                              default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOW S
                              [operating systems]
                              multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Micro soft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect
                              Please Explain in detail what to change! Thanks in advance!

Comment

Working...
                              X